Sims vs HH

ndobney

It's funny. We'd take a QB like Adrian Martinez in a heartbeat right now. But in four seasons Adrian never had the record Haarberg has right now on an offense decimated by injuries --- an offense that was far from heralded to begin with and an OC that is already on the hotseat. 

Can you see Adrian running things better than Haarberg?  I can. 

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 2

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He needs to work really hard on all those things in the off season. Rhule also needs to go get a really good QB in the portal.  Then, start the best one. 

Can he get one that is that is better then HH. I would think all that real good ones are starting. How much can we expect of someone who's on the bench, coming in with as much playing time as HH. I know what your saying, but we have seen the results with Sims. Let's get a high school q/b that's rated high, not easy to do, as we have seen with Raiola. Start winning enough games and Rhule, should be able to at least start drawing interest, from some of them. 

GBR!!!

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's funny. We'd take a QB like Adrian Martinez in a heartbeat right now. But in four seasons Adrian never had the record Haarberg has right now on an offense decimated by injuries --- an offense that was far from heralded to begin with and an OC that is already on the hotseat. 

Adrian, Tommy, Taylor.  I'd take any of them in a heartbeat right now.

• TBH 4
17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Adrian is 2-3x the QB HH is, mostly because HH should be a tight end.  I would feel great about our division chances if we had Adrian at the helm.  Funny isn't it how things never seem to line up? Adrian never had a defense and was always asked to do it all himself, now we have a defense and all we want is HH to not screw it up! I hope we can find a couple solid transfers at QB next year.

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Offense in 2019 and 2021 averaged 28 ppg.  AM’s problems were turnovers at the worst times and playing with a crappy defense 

I think most of us would agree AM usually tried to do too much, sometimes out of necessity, and this offense may be better suited for him (specifically the easier to read passing game).  And I agree the team would be in better position with AM or an AM quality QB.  

• Plus1 3
50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Adrian is an upgraded Sims...still a turnover machine.  HH has turned into a turnover machine.  

We need something different than everything we've had in the recent past and current present.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

the problem is tommy,taylor,adrian,casey never improved from their early years. with proper development HH could improve from where he is now and be a good dual threat qb.

"We couldn't fix any of these other guys, but this one guy who's clearly even worse than any of them, I'm sure we can fix him!"

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Maybe a little bit.  Let’s not get carried away.

1 hour ago, BoSolich said:

the problem is tommy,taylor,adrian,casey never improved from their early years. with proper development HH could improve from where he is now and be a good dual threat qb.

Taylor did improve, he just kept getting hurt. I'd say Tommy improved some too but he also got hurt, then had to go through a coaching transition.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Can he get one that is that is better then HH. I would think all that real good ones are starting. How much can we expect of someone who's on the bench, coming in with as much playing time as HH. I know what your saying, but we have seen the results with Sims. Let's get a high school q/b that's rated high, not easy to do, as we have seen with Raiola. Start winning enough games and Rhule, should be able to at least start drawing interest, from some of them. 

GBR!!!

I thought it was pretty clear I was meaning he needs to get a better QB than HH is right now. Then, if HH improves, he can still play.  If he doesn’t, then the transfer plays.  

And, there has been quite a few playoff QBs that were transfers.  They are out there.  

Or, Kaelin comes in and is a rock star.  

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Taylor did improve, he just kept getting hurt.

Always wondered what might have been if we could've seen freshman running T-Mart combined with junior passing T-Mart...