What did we learn? Northwestern Version

6 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I haven't seen the defense put up enough points to win a game yet.  I have seen Sims put up less than 20 with 7 turnover though and gave CO 13 points in a half.

Not saying in any Sims played great or even good in those games but he also was playing the second and third toughest opponents on the road.  Again Matt Turman QBs this team to the same 4-1 record with this defense

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I think we are the worst offensive team other than Northwestern in the whole Big 10.  I would put Iowa and us neck and neck for offense..  We have a two faced coach.  I see no differnce in fumbling and interceptions.  If you have a QB who throws that terrible, replace him for at least one series.  Grant is there best RB but they are quick to replace him.

I don't care about injuries.  Every team has them, not every team looks this bad.  I am willing to give Rhule some rope this year and maybe next season, but he better hit the road  this off season and get some transfers and better players overall. 

Of course a win  is a good start, but we tried to give that game away early and often.  HH will not pitch the ball and at some point will get lit and lit hard. 

You haven't seen Iowa yet have you.  We are no where near them and they are by far the worst.

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Not saying in any Sims played great or even good in those games but he also was playing the second and third toughest opponents on the road.  Again Matt Turman QBs this team to the same 4-1 record with this defense

Guess we will agree to disagree, I watched Sims for 2 years prior to him coming here, he is what he is, turnover machine and might have led us to wins but easily could have lost any of those games like it was second nature to him because losing the ball at the most inopportune time is his forte.  Go watch GT games on YT and all is there for ya to see the type of drive killer he is.

• TBH 1

Some of our offensive issues are play calling, and some are just plain no blocking.  It is hard to blame one with out the other.  I think that Mickey and his staff from last year would have won the four games we have won this season, so it is going to take more than these four wins to really impress me with Rhule.  That really is no knock on Rhule, but rather an honest opinion right now.  Our defense is good, but we can't do anything if we don't bring constant pressure.  I good offense will torch this unit threw the air.  WE are too predictable on D.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We need to beat Purdue. We only have 2 teams left with losing records. I think we can beat at least 1 of MSU/Wisconsin/Iowa, but it would be ideal to be bowl eligible prior to the Iowa game so our team can play without thinking about that.

Most definitely need to get at least two wins in the next 4 games. Get bowl eligible and then worry about Brian's offense.

19 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Well Matt Turman would be the best QB on the team at this point.

15 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Guess we will agree to disagree, I watched Sims for 2 years prior to him coming here, he is what he is, turnover machine and might have led us to wins but easily could have lost any of those games like it was second nature to him because losing the ball at the most inopportune time is his forte.  Go watch GT games on YT and all is there for ya to see the type of drive killer he is.

I know what Sims was at Tech and disliked the recruitment.  I'm saying even as bad as he was/is at times he even beats the likes of the juggernaits that were La Tech NIU Illinois and NW

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

The only thing really learned was that there are far too many people that foolishly think NU wouldn't have the same record if SIms never got hurt.  They only played one Michigan and the 4 wins weren't against PSU, OSU Bama and Oregon.  Four wins against crap teams that the defense has won for the program.  

I remember in the 90’s when Nebraska lost to a terrible Iowa state cause of 4 turnovers. If you turn over the ball 4 times even crap teams can beat good teams

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1