What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

This consequences of this loss are very detrimental to our progress. This loss
(1) Took away any chances (if any) to win our division. Killed any glimmer of hope.

(2) Severely decreased our chances to make a bowl.

(3) Killed the momentum and confidence the team built over the past three weeks

(4) Gave our remaining opponents a manual on how to render our defense and offense ineffective.

our next three opponents will tear us apart unless this team finds a way to play with intensity and purpose. We did not come to today’s game with a winning mindset. We came thinking we had the game sealed. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I’m not sure how you can firmly say that Sims is worse than what we’ve been seeing from Haarberg. I’d say they’re equal in their carelessness with the ball at best.

Early in the year, Haarberg didn’t hesitate running as much and looked more smooth. Now he hesitates and looks lost. Staying with him without at least considering subbing him out for a series once in awhile has to be discouraging to the rest of the team. 

Agree 100%!!! At some point in the game they can't find a series for Purdy just to see if he can move the team? 

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Nope. Sims remains the worst. ONE scoring drive against a Colorado defense that sucks massive dongers, which Haarberg immediately matched when Sims finally, mercifully, tweaked his ankle. Can't even call for the snap correctly with a man in motion, he's BAD. FORGET ABOUT HIM. I'd much rather see Purdy if they HAVE to go to a backup at this point, but that isn't saying anything.

Take the “he is from nebraska” glasses off.  

HH three 3 picks today…dropped a snap and overthrew almost everyone.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

This consequences of this loss are very detrimental to our progress. This loss
(1) Took away any chances (if any) to win our division. Killed any glimmer of hope.

(2) Severely decreased our chances to make a bowl.

(3) Killed the momentum and confidence the team built over the past three weeks

(4) Gave our remaining opponents a manual on how to render our defense and offense ineffective.

our next three opponents will tear us apart unless this team finds a way to play with intensity and purpose. We did not come to today’s game with a winning mindset. We came thinking we had the game sealed. 

1.  Haven't been to a bowl game since 2016.  Championships are nice...but lets have perspective...

2. Severely?  Seems like a leap.

3.  They've  played very similar for a month and a half.  I fail to see momentum being crushed...

4. Coaches get paid to coach.  Watch tape, make adjustments.  

Get out of your bunker...the sky is not falling.   Just embrace the enigma that is our team.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Take the “he is from nebraska” glasses off.  

HH three 3 picks today…dropped a snap and overthrew almost everyone.

I don't give a single f****** s*** where he's from, Haarberg has no business playing QB at Nebraska beyond this year unless he does some SERIOUS work in the offseason, which I ain't holding my breath. BUT SIMS COULDN'T EVEN RUN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND THEN FUMBLED TO GIVE PURDUE 2 SECONDS OF A GLIMMER OF HOPE, HE IS WORSE. THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION, WE ARE COMPARING A PILE OF POOP TO A MOUNTAIN OF VOMIT. Put Woche in, I don't care.

4 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

I don't give a single f****** s*** where he's from, Haarberg has no business playing QB at Nebraska beyond this year unless he does some SERIOUS work in the offseason, which I ain't holding my breath. BUT SIMS COULDN'T EVEN RUN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND THEN FUMBLED TO GIVE PURDUE 2 SECONDS OF A GLIMMER OF HOPE, HE IS WORSE. THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION, WE ARE COMPARING A PILE OF POOP TO A MOUNTAIN OF VOMIT. Put Woche in, I don't care.

HH is worse.  He just got play vs crappy teams.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5
37 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

In Satts defense we also had some dudes running wide open and Haarburg missed them badly or didn’t even throw it and took sacks.  

We had the game-winning play dialed up and Haarberg missed the WR by 10 yards and it was intercepted. It's not the OC's fault.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 5
5 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Haarberg has no business starting another game this year. The terrible throws. The no vision running or passing. He can’t make one guy miss running the ball. Small corner. Let’s run right at him. Sims has turned the ball over a ton. So has HH. At least Sims give us 4-5 on the ground. No idea if we win with Sims but HH just lost to a team that is worse than MN and CO and it falls on him. I never thought HH was good but hard for Rhule to make a change going 5-1 despite our QB play. He isn’t good at anything. I’ll take Rex Burkhead at QB over this!! 

• Oh Yeah! 1