What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hard to build a QB room when you have a true freshman starter that would need to be unseated. As soon as A-Mart happened you had at least 2 years of QB misses. That said, AMart would win the division even with this line.

For as much criticism I held of AM for ball security, I never imagined it could get this bad.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Everyone looks beatable until we play them and suddenly they become world beaters or we make them look like world beaters. That is our super power since Bo was fired.

Three weeks ago, Rhule said “every game in the 2nd half of the season is winnable, and every game is losable.”  He wasn’t wrong, and NU is 2-1 so far in that stretch. It’s not realistic to win every 50-50 game. In fact, I would say that every NU has had 6 “50-50” games so far this season and NU has gone 3-3 in them. The long-term goal for Rhule is to improve NU so there aren’t so many 50-50 games. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I’m not down on these coaches except Raiola because he is the one consistent piece and the OL continues to be the weak link.  I think Rhule and Satt knew what they had with the OL so they went with the running QB in HH and Sims.  They needed a QB who could escape and have designed runs. Unfortunately ball security has been an issue.  

We are banged up on offense with RBs injured, no QB, no OL, and inexperienced WRs.  

The punt returns were an epic fail. Kemp should not be back there unless he plans to return and not catch balls inside the 10.  

The conspiracy theory is more than alive and well.  These refs were atrocious and gave MSU points not to mention multiple missed calls that we needed.  

This was a game we had to have. This and Minny are the worse losses for me. Better or equal than both and we lost both games.

It will come down to beating Iowa to go bowling.

I'm still trying to figure out why we purposefully gave up yards every punt.  No guarantee the punt goes into the end zone or takes a Husker bounce, but I'd risk it over sending a dude pack to shag out punts.  No different than to have him in as a slot and just half a$$ jog routes......F on that call.  85 man roster and not one dude can catch and run.  Again, epic fail.

I agree on this game. Maryland with that passing attack will shred our D unless White decides to blitz a lot or go to a 5 man front.  Wisky.....Not a chance with our offense.  Iowa, we have a shot.  First team to 3 will win.   I think the pressure to get to 6 wins cracked this team like an egg.  

13 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

That's fair point on AM if we had him this year

I honestly can't remember the last time NU had 2 QB's on its roster.  Maybe Keller/Ganz?  But Ganz only got the start because Keller broke his collar bone.  NU has had a history for years of getting QB1 as a Fresh and not needing to recruit another quality guy until QB1 was a senior.  We recruited a lot, but none that I recall were ever a threat to unseat he incumbent and there was always a pretty decent drop off from QB1 to QB2... 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Our defense is the best part of this team, but also overhyped.  They've lucked out from bad drops in some previous games and they just don't create enough turnovers.

It’s a good/very good defense. There is still room for improvement, plus it’s hard for them to be asked to win every game on their own. 

• Plus1 2