Proud of Coach Rhule

tmfr15

2 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

Sure we are “ahead of schedule” but it still feels like business as usual when it comes to HOW we are losing these games.

And what about HOW we are winning the games we're winning that we are used to seeing only as losses?

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Remember when Rhule never beat a top 25 team at Baylor? 

Think critically about this for two minutes and realize it's not the argument you think it is?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

And what about HOW we are winning the games we're winning that we are used to seeing only as losses?

Think critically about this for two minutes and realize it's not the argument you think it is?

I know it’s not the argument. I just want people to recognize he didn’t beat anyone during his famed year and he hasn’t beaten anyone this year. 

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

-Y5O64.gif

What games?!

We've only beaten one single team with a winning record this season. I mean for god's sake, Riley beat twice that many teams that finished over .500 the year we fired him! In his first season, Frost beat three teams that finished over .500 (although one of them was Bethune-Cookman, lol). If you think we're actually doing better this year, try taking off the rose-colored glasses for a sec.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
53 minutes ago, Toe said:

-Y5O64.gif

What games?!

We've only beaten one single team with a winning record this season. I mean for god's sake, Riley beat twice that many teams that finished over .500 the year we fired him! In his first season, Frost beat three teams that finished over .500 (although one of them was Bethune-Cookman, lol). If you think we're actually doing better this year, try taking off the rose-colored glasses for a sec.

Last year we lost a one possession game to a 1-11 team who won zero games in North America, and we also lost a one possession game to a Sun Belt team we paid 1.4 million dollars to play us. This year we haven't been at risk against the payday teams we out talent, and we've found some ways to win some close games that were losses last year.

It's year one with a new staff and a roster depleted by injuries and full of reps for young up and comers. We all knew we weren't going to be good, but unless you're determined or traumatized, it's easy to see we're either ahead or worst-case exactly on schedule for the Rhule rebuild project. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I was pretty moderate on Rhule when he was hired and coming into the season. After the hot streak I definitely warmed to him. Then the no win November, followed by rumors that he interviewed for the A&M gig…I’m very much back to moderate. 

Where did you hear/read that he interviewed?  Not arguing, just interested. Really, the only place I heard a connection was on HB. Not saying it wasn’t there, but I never once heard a major outlet mention him as a candidate 

3 hours ago, HANC said:

Where did you hear/read that he interviewed?  Not arguing, just interested. Really, the only place I heard a connection was on HB. Not saying it wasn’t there, but I never once heard a major outlet mention him as a candidate 

It was floating around HB.. which I take it with a grain of salt.. but I also heard it from a connection in Lincoln. Could absolutely be false but made me suspicious hearing it from multiple places. Hopefully, it was BS or there was context missing. Like, he just had a phone conversation with an agent or something like that..

4 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

What did we see this season that inspires confidence we can win one score games next season?

This years one score games were played by a young defense.  A rotating door of QBs that struggled as the offense was never allowed to evolve around what worked but instead had  to re-create the wheel to best match the QB that wasn't injured.  A stable of young RBs and converted WR's.  A line that was facing injuries.  And a staff that was in year one that has historically shown that years 2 and 3 are much better than the first.

Ask me again in a year, and I might have a different opinion.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

It is frustrating seeing non-traditional football schools or basketball schools being ranked in the Top 25 and while Nebraska is far beyond the horizon.   

I hope Rhule can turn it around by year 3 so we can see our name on that list again.   I thought Rhule was a great hire at the time.   The last 4 games have shaken my confidence in Rhule.  I like what he is saying and the culture he's trying to build but man - some of the in game decisions have me baffled.  We really need that 2nd year jump - but it will have to come with a much harder schedule. 

• Plus1 1