Bright Spots From The Season

Every one wants to talk about the bad and this team definitely has a long way to go, but there were some bright spots along the way. Nash Hutmacher's improvement was very nice to see. Was nice to see Emmett Johnson step up with all the injuries at RB and show he is a good player. Jalen Lloyd showing off his big play ability was really fun. The young defensive guys like Cameron Lenhardt and Princewill Umanmielan showing great promise. What are some of your favorite parts of the season or players that really caught your eye?

• Plus1 5

Just now, The Murphinator said:

Every one wants to talk about the bad and this team definitely has a long way to go, but there were some bright spots along the way. Nash Hutmacher's improvement was very nice to see. Was nice to see Emmett Johnson step up with all the injuries at RB and show he is a good player. Jalen Lloyd showing off his big play ability was really fun. The young defensive guys like Cameron Lenhardt and Princewill Umanmielan showing great promise. What are some of your favorite parts of the season or players that really caught your eye?

Agree with all of the above.  I really like seeing Nash beginning to look like the guy I thought he would become coming out of High School.    EJ:  Missed opportunity to have used him more in earlier games. I was saddened that they didn't run him more but part of that is the deficiency of the OL.  Some of it was also play calling.  How many drives this year started with a bad pass play so we are playing from behind on both 2nd and 3rd downs - thus limiting running plays.  Rhule wanted us to be more smashmouth but it still looked more like Frost finesse with the play calling. 

• Fire 1

The Illinois game had a lot of pressure on it. If we lose that game, we go into the bye 2-4 with an 0-4 record against P5 opponents. Would have been hard to have any positive outlook on the rest of the season if we lose that one on the road.

Instead, we gutted out a win that never really felt that close thanks to our defense. It gave us a nice spark that lasted through October. Might have been my favorite win of the last couple years.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The Illinois game had a lot of pressure on it. If we lose that game, we go into the bye 2-4 with an 0-4 record against P5 opponents. Would have been hard to have any positive outlook on the rest of the season if we lose that one on the road.

Instead, we gutted out a win that never really felt that close thanks to our defense. It gave us a nice spark that lasted through October. Might have been my favorite win of the last couple years.

The illinois game was trash and built some optimism that helped with the let down.  Nebraska played awful.  Illinois somehow played worse.  Purdue was very similar.

Im not worried yet.  I’d really like to see how Rhule responds.  His history is solid.

Modest improvement on defense. That's about it. 

Had the overall coaching improved? Modestly, with massive regression at QB and the offense as a whole. They couldn't get to a bowl game despite the worst schedule on modern Nebraska Football history. 

Is the program on a good trajectory? Doubtful. We still have a coach trying to learn how to win games, with an offensive coordinator in over his head. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

2017 Bright Spots From The Season

2018 Bright Spots From The Season

2019 Bright Spots From The Season

2020 Bright Spots From The Season

2021 Bright Spots From The Season

2022 Bright Spots From The Season

2023 Bright Spots From The Season

This. 

f#&% bright spots. This team hasn’t won more than 6 games since 2016.