QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/shatel-dylan-raiola-committing-to-nebraska-feels-a-lot-like-tommie-fraziers-arrival/article_3bf59430-40af-54bb-828d-68b8c7846166.html?mode=comments

Holy Eggs Benedict Batman. Man, Shatel just can't help himself can he? I've found myself more and more annoyed by him over the years and can't stand him on the OWH podcast. When Nebraska was 5-3 the talk was, "Hey this team has a shot to win the West" versus the appropriate talk which would've been, hey let's see them get bowl eligible and then we're playing with house money. I blame the local media quite a bit when it comes to this stuff even though I understand they need to sell the hype to generate clicks and subscriptions. 

I saw that headline in my email inbox yesterday and had the most involuntary, BOMBASTIC eye roll of my life. Almost gagged.

IMO though the media is often an extension of the fan base. If we're going to blame them for anything then we need to be able to look inward. There are tons of high pressure, over-scrutinized, crazed sports media markets in this country. Programs and franchises in those places still find ways to win at high levels.

• TBH 2

14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

When Nebraska was 5-3 the talk was, "Hey this team has a shot to win the West" versus the appropriate talk which would've been, hey let's see them get bowl eligible and then we're playing with house money. I blame the local media quite a bit when it comes to this stuff even though I understand they need to sell the hype to generate clicks and subscriptions. 

He wasn't wrong, they did have a very legitimate shot to win the west at that point in the season.  We were arguably equals to every team left on the schedule and we were tied for first place.  Without silly turnovers, we win 2, 3, or maybe even 4 of those games and win the west.  Our team floundered but that isn't on some talking head in the media who was just reporting the facts at that time.  

• TBH 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Our opponents will be expecting either shotgun or under center.  We need to be innovative and find a 3rd way.

Too funny.  But the only reason I asked that question is bc Raiola may not be as comfortable being under center as much as being in shotgun to where he can see the whole field.  I don't want to see Matt Rhule put him under center and he get blind side sack and get injured.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Too funny.  But the only reason I asked that question is bc Raiola may not be as comfortable being under center as much as being in shotgun to where he can see the whole field.  I don't want to see Matt Rhule put him under center and he get blind side sack and get injured.  

He's gonna get sacked eventually no matter where he takes the snap

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Ideally the offense will have him in shotgun and under center.  It helps the overall run game doing this, which in turn helps the passing game.  

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!