Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

posted about 2 hours ago by Steve Sipple:

link

With Nebraska's Taylor Martinez (ankle) questionable for Saturday's game at Iowa State -- it'll be a game-time decision, coach Bo Pelini said -- you wonder to whom Nebraska would turn at quarterback.

Earlier this week, offensive coordinator Shawn Watson spoke in broad terms about the overall preparedness of backups Zac Lee and Cody Green. Watson always expresses confidence in both.

"We always refer to those guys as 2A and 2B, depending on the situation," Watson said Tuesday.

Asked to explain, Watson said, "If we're in a game where we want to run the quarterback, we'll probably go with Cody more than we would Zac. If we're in a game where we're going to throw it more, we'll go with Zac. If it's a management aspect, where we need some veteran savvy ... like last week, it's going to be Zac.

"We have all those resources available to us and we're going to use them."Stay tuned.

This was in the World-Herald today:

"Pelini said Lee has a sore arm, but looked fine in practice Thursday."

Doesn't mean Lee isn't hurt.

Does Matt Turman have a son on the team?

well played sir! that was one of my thoughts about this thread!...

HI posters are saying the same thing about Zac, shocking news to be sure.

How do you guys feel our team does if Cody does get the nod?

I think he will do better than most expect. He just needs some time to get in the groove. My real concern with him is hanging onto the ball when he runs it.

This was in the World-Herald today:

"Pelini said Lee has a sore arm, but looked fine in practice Thursday."

Doesn't mean Lee isn't hurt.

Does Matt Turman have a son on the team?

well played sir! that was one of my thoughts about this thread!...

HAHA It's funny that came up. That was my first thought, I always thought the Term had a year left... :LOLtartar

I have utter confidence that we can beat this ISU team with Ron Kellogg, Jr and Dontraveous Robinson starting.

Seriously, people. Calm down.

This. Seriously. Some of you are embarrassing yourselves.

where were you guys earlier? i was trying to maintain some semblance of sanity. it was like fighting off the red scare against a bunch of McCarthy's.

All I can say is if Green starts tomorrow, I will come on here after the 'W' and make a thread simply named "Crow Eating Doubters" and I would like it if every person in this thread that in anyway implied Cody Green MIGHT not be good enough to win, would simply post in the thread "I was stupid for saying what I said."

Seriously... you people that were screaming for Cody to start last year are now claiming he may not have what it takes to beat a shotty Iowa State team that is still fighting for bowl eligibility?