Reestablishing our Edge

EZ-E

Speaking of that 2009 defense, here they are in a nutshell (not literally).

Good god I miss that defense.

We go so screwed in that game. McCoy's TD should have been reviewed too.

I know you can't do this (literally anyways), but if you could field a defense similar to that with our current offense we're playing for National Titles....

SUH_vs_TX.JPG

If we had a guy like Suh who could contain the run *and* put pressure on the QB, well, it would elevate our entire defense. Our pass coverage would look better. It would free up our LBs to make plays. #93 was a game changer.

• Fire 1

Speaking of that 2009 defense, here they are in a nutshell (not literally).

Good god I miss that defense.

We go so screwed in that game. McCoy's TD should have been reviewed too.

I know you can't do this (literally anyways), but if you could field a defense similar to that with our current offense we're playing for National Titles....

SUH_vs_TX.JPG

If we had a guy like Suh who could contain the run *and* put pressure on the QB, well, it would elevate our entire defense. Our pass coverage would look better. It would free up our LBs to make plays. #93 was a game changer.

Once in a generation.....

my wife drives an edge.

Great car

Not really. Consumer Reports has it as a bottom 3 of all cars in its class for reliability. I'd say that's a crap car. No offense.

Ford dipped to the bottom on 60% of their models the past few years in Consumer Reports...it's pretty much becoming a horrible brand for reliability. Hope they turn it around.

Who writes Consumer Reports and who sponsors the magazine???

my wife drives an edge.

Great car

Not really. Consumer Reports has it as a bottom 3 of all cars in its class for reliability. I'd say that's a crap car. No offense.

Ford dipped to the bottom on 60% of their models the past few years in Consumer Reports...it's pretty much becoming a horrible brand for reliability. Hope they turn it around.

Who writes Consumer Reports and who sponsors the magazine???

Nazis? :dunno

Play mean and nasty. When I saw no one on O help Martinez last year after being abused by Borland or when he was getting into the face of the UGA DB (IIRC) I realized that last season, the meanest SOB on our team was Martinez. We need to get mean and nasty. The hey day Blackshirts were mean. Hit you and didn't look back. SUH, Assante etc remind me of the throwback guys. Assante, always good for a penalty, IMO had receivers terrified to catch in the open field. he flat laid the wood. As mentioned above Gomes, Haag, Prince etc..... Ability coupled with nasty (not cheap shots) creates this edge. Hearing that Cotton on the OL plays mean is music as well.

We need to get this edge on both sides.

Jake Cotton is going to remind a lot of people of Richie Incognito but controlled by his father

Think we see an upgrade at that guard spot this year. Cotton would've been starting last season if not for the blown knee. Now that he's healthy he should be pretty salty, and ya he definitely has an edge.

Don't think they'll be the pipeline but this should be our best O-line in over a decade.

If we could just get a couple guys on defense with the sheer monster ability of Suh, and the mentality of the Peter brothers we could get our defense to rally around them and make the whole unit better.

If a defensive coordinator can pick one spot on his defense to be the strongest part, it would be DT. Pressure up the middle, especially with only a four man rush like Suh could create, is a defense maker. A DT like Suh makes everyone around him look better.

I know Suh was great, but often people don't realize how beneficial it was that Suh was a DT. He could have been the greatest LB, greatest Safety, Or greatest LB ever in the game, it would not have had the impact that it had on that entire unit. A lot of those guys that played behind him can thank Suh for their success.