Pelini Predictions

Basically I am just tired of everyone bitching about every loss.

If the AD and chancellor want to fire BP I am fine with that, but Echorst (sp) better have a very good replacement in mind that he is about 85% sure is going to take the job.

That replacement IMO better win a minimum of 9 games in his first year or then there really was no need to fire Pelini.

Yep and maintain that level for a minimum of 6 years.

With 0 championships or BCS berths and 0 top 10 finishes please

I'm glad your on board with it also. About time you pulled your head out of your ass.

114.jpg

:lol:

• Fire 3

If the AD and chancellor want to fire BP I am fine with that, but Echorst (sp) better have a very good replacement in mind that he is about 85% sure is going to take the job.

That replacement IMO better win a minimum of 9 games in his first year or then there really was no need to fire Pelini.

Winning nine games doesn't mean sh#t. Anybody who uses the 9 or 10 or 8 or 11 number of victories as a barometer on whether to retain or fire a coach, doesn't have a clue about what's important and what should be looked at.

• Fire 2

Winning nine games doesn't mean sh#t. Anybody who uses the 9 or 10 or 8 or 11 number of victories as a barometer on whether to retain or fire a coach, doesn't have a clue about what's important and what should be looked at.

Hes saying the new coach better win at least nine games his first year. If he doesn't, what was the point in firing Pelini for a worse coach. What the hell kind of sense does it make to hire someone worse than before? But its exactly whats gonna happen and when we change coaches again in 5-6 years, the process starts all over again.

Hes saying the new coach better win at least nine games his first year. If he doesn't, what was the point in firing Pelini for a worse coach. What the hell kind of sense does it make to hire someone worse than before? But its exactly whats gonna happen and when we change coaches again in 5-6 years, the process starts all over again.

what if we win 8 games but win the conference?

what if we win 8 games but win the conference?

Doesn't matter we still wouldn't be ranked because a record would be 8-5 and still people would bitch. The likelihood of NU going 7-5 I the regular season, winning the west and then winning the CCG is very remote.

I know Wisconsin did last year, but they actually finished 3rd in their division.

I really don't see Pelini surviving this season as he'll be 0 for 6 when it comes to winning a championship. When you look at this year's team, they have won games against easy competition. They were fortunate to beat Northwestern, and barely beat Wyoming. If they would have had the Big Ten opponents from 2011 and 2012 and played OSU and Wisconsin, they would be lucky to be 5-5 right now. I also don't agree that Bo needs another chance to hire new coordinators...he already did that and got it wrong. Why would we trust his judgment this time?

I listen to sirus all the time, college football. Today the Ohio State fans were complaining about not being on par with Bama, Baylor and Florida State after winning 22 straight games. The response from coach Chizik and Packer, was quit bitching and win a game that means something. You have not beaten a top 15 team in two years. You do not deserve to be considered until you do. 9 wins does not mean much if you only beat 1 winning team. Not about wins or losses, it is the quality of the win or sometimes the loss.

We are not getting quality wins, but we are getting beaten by quality teams, and badly. That should tell you where we are in the nation's eyes. If they think so little of Ohio State, what do they think of Nebraska?

I hear this 9 win stuff all the time. Some on here are very good at research. Who have we beaten in those 45 games, and who has Boise, Oregon and Alabama beaten in their 9 game runs. My guess is the quality of opponent beaten will be a lot higher than ours. Would love to see that posted.

I really don't see Pelini surviving this season as he'll be 0 for 6 when it comes to winning a championship. When you look at this year's team, they have won games against easy competition. They were fortunate to beat Northwestern, and barely beat Wyoming. If they would have had the Big Ten opponents from 2011 and 2012 and played OSU and Wisconsin, they would be lucky to be 5-5 right now. I also don't agree that Bo needs another chance to hire new coordinators...he already did that and got it wrong. Why would we trust his judgment this time?

And every intelligent fan knew this would be a rebuilding year with a totally new defense. The only way we would have made a run at the B1G Championship is if our offense carried us. Nobody expected our all-B1G QB to be hurt after the first game. So Im sorry you deceived yourself into thinking this defense would be championship caliber with most starters having absolutely no D1 experience. That's on you bud

I listen to sirus all the time, college football. Today the Ohio State fans were complaining about not being on par with Bama, Baylor and Florida State after winning 22 straight games. The response from coach Chizik and Packer, was quit bitching and win a game that means something. You have not beaten a top 15 team in two years. You do not deserve to be considered until you do. 9 wins does not mean much if you only beat 1 winning team. Not about wins or losses, it is the quality of the win or sometimes the loss.

We are not getting quality wins, but we are getting beaten by quality teams, and badly. That should tell you where we are in the nation's eyes. If they think so little of Ohio State, what do they think of Nebraska?

I hear this 9 win stuff all the time. Some on here are very good at research. Who have we beaten in those 45 games, and who has Boise, Oregon and Alabama beaten in their 9 game runs. My guess is the quality of opponent beaten will be a lot higher than ours. Would love to see that posted.

While I wouldn't be complaining if I were an Ohio State fan, I do agree about the quality wins. It doesn't mean much if we have a schedule with a bunch of teams that are not that good, and rack up the W's. We've got to go head to head with the best and show we can win. What is our biggest win this season? Perhaps Michigan, whose offense has gone downhill and has no quality wins themselves (unless you count Minnesota as a quality win). How is USC suddenly winning the close games? How has Baylor become a powerhouse? It all starts at the top, and when you've got it, you've got it. Bo just doesn't have it.

Yep and maintain that level for a minimum of 6 years.

Then be fired for another coach and the process starts all over again

One can only hope

Then who are you going to get???

I'm still waiting for someone to give a realistic answer that doesn't include Fitzgerald, Petersen, Richt, or Frost...

I don't need that point of view explained. I understand it and it is what led to my comments. Any number of wins or losses doesn't mean anything until you consider how they we're acquired and against what level of competition. Personally, I think that number this year should be 10 or 11 considering who is on our schedule. Look at it this way, if we played Southern Miss, or their equal, every game, how many should we win? And then you have to consider how we play in those games. So, if we win them all but just squeek by in four of them, should that be considered as good as playing a couple Bamaesque teams, losing both, but playing very well while losing? Like I said, winning 9 games doesn't mean sh#t.

My guess is the quality of opponent beaten will be a lot higher than ours..

Since your post started out about Ohio State's schedule......and we are in the same conference as Ohio State......is this really a difficult "guess"? If we replace Pelini, then we do. I highly doubt that's the plan because recruits continue to commit to us even now. I find it unfortunate that some look for reasons to be critical of Pelini....even in his successes.....rather than have the optimism that he's working on correcting weaknesses and trying to get this program to the next level. Like EZ-E wrote elsewhere, 9 win seasons are meaningless......until they go away.