RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

i think the staff realize KB IS the man and are doing all they can.. they might have dropped the ball in the past but i do think as a whole they have gotten better at recruiting... its up to KB.... he will have a lot of BS thrown in his face.. i believe he has a good head on his shoulder along with pops... but sometimes an offer comes up that sounds too good to pass on....i think he knows what nebraska has to offer... i think it could be close but i bet he makes it to nebraksa

Message boards make kids flip? Dont give us that much credit haha must not of been too sold on us

I find it pretty damn funny that so many people on this message board will complain up and down about Bo, Beck, etc. not taking accountability any day of the week, and then say things like this.

Talk about double standards.

This

Folks getting on the net and constantly criticizing, complaining, calling for heads, and rumor-mongering does make a difference whether folks want to admit it or not. Not saying it should be a sunshiine-pumping, koolaid-swilling circlejerk by any means, but recruits do get on the net and constant negativity does have a negative influence.

• Fire 4

Nate Clouse@NateClouse 3m

RB Kendall Bussey Jr (@KBJ_5) tells @rivalsmike that #Huskers fans need not to worry about him jumping ship. ($) http://bit.ly/1kwc2uv

That is fricken awesome. I was worried when I heard LSU lost their RB commitment.

That is great news! This kid has a great shot to start from day 1. Which speaks to his talent level and not that we dont have quality running backs on our roster now. Can't wait to see this young man wearing #22 and tearing up defenses. GBR!

RB Kendall Bussey Jr (@KBJ_5) tells @rivalsmike that #Huskers fans need not to worry about him jumping ship. ($) http://bit.ly/1kwc2uv

That is fricken awesome. I was worried when I heard LSU lost their RB commitment.

Wonder when he gets sick of the question and tells us all to f*#k off.

Agreed, I'm tired of people questioning this kid every week. It is absolutely exhausting. How about we just let it play out and not freak when a school offers, jumping to the worse conclusion that he is leaving us. Kendall has a good head on his shoulders, his dad seems to really like the program, and I am not concerned at all. It is almost like the naysayers are looking for him to leave, just to say I told you so. For those of you who say you don't believe that kids read, or read too much, into the message boards - go back a few pages on this to the page that has the interview link with Kendall where he mentions seeing/hearing some fans questioning his commitment, that should be all the evidence you need.

But, But, But......The Nebraska ASSassin said no way he will make it here if an SEC school offers. I don't believe you Clouse.

Wonder when he gets sick of the question and tells us all to f*#k off.

Agreed, I'm tired of people questioning this kid every week. It is absolutely exhausting. How about we just let it play out and not freak when a school offers, jumping to the worse conclusion that he is leaving us. Kendall has a good head on his shoulders, his dad seems to really like the program, and I am not concerned at all. It is almost like the naysayers are looking for him to leave, just to say I told you so. For those of you who say you don't believe that kids read, or read too much, into the message boards - go back a few pages on this to the page that has the interview link with Kendall where he mentions seeing/hearing some fans questioning his commitment, that should be all the evidence you need.

Everyone realizes that tweet is from March right, not sure why it got bumped like it was new news

This saga reminds me of a guy I work with. He's single. Every time he gets involved with a girl, he becomes paranoid that she is going to dump him. She constantly tells him she's not going anywhere. THEN, after that never works and he stays paranoid, she finally says....."you're weird. I'm gone".

NO....I'm not saying he is leaving and I believe he will be here. BUT< this thread does sound familiar.

• Fire 1

Was his girlfriend going on dates with other guys to see what else was out there?

I hope we see this kid in red next year and I think he'd do well in our offense, but I don't think there's any problem with being skeptical when words and actions don't add up.

Most overused analogy when talking about NCAA recruiting award goes to this statement.

First of all, when you are picking out a girlfriend, you don't think in your mind "Hey, I could date this girl for 4-5 years and then split!" Also, you are a liar if you say you didn't check out all the chicks before you picked out the one you really wanted to date.

Recruiting is an extremely complex process. Pretend we lose our next 4 games and Bo gets canned and Bussey has ripped up every single piece of mail and hung up the phone every time it was a college other than Nebraska. Bussey would be starting his recruiting process completely over. However, if he has done a couple visits and at least kept in contact with teams that are interested, then he has a great idea of where he would like to go if it hits the fan in Nebraska. I can't blame an 18 year old kid for at least knowing his options. The guy hasn't waivered ONE BIT on his commitment to Nebraska, yet we have 10 pages of guys talking about how he is probably going to an SEC school.

Just enjoy the moment. Our team is looking pretty solid. Our recruiting class on paper is looking pretty solid. No one is calling for our coaches head yet and Halloween is only a couple of weeks away. ENJOY THE MOMENT.

• Fire 2

My definition of "not wavering one bit" must be different from yours, but I really don't have any interest in rehashing this conversation. Just pointing out the flaws in the girlfriend analogy posted above. (And by the way, the flaw in your own is that you shouldn't commit to someone, and allow them to commit to you, if you haven't finished checking out your options.)