***2016 Recruiting***

People like to use "average star rating" to talk about quality when they can't offer an argument to defend quantity.

Quay'Shon Alexander will not be coming here. We have 14 commits with 20 open spots, and realistically I'd say I'm confident we sign 2 of the prospects we are still in on. Others are a gamble.

That's not good. Don't bullsh#t around it by making a strawman argument. I'll give you the fact that quality is great. Doesn't matter when the quantity isn't there.

• Fire 3

??????

It was sarcasm eluding to continuing downward trend that some havent/aren't seeing.

Oh you mean where the class we have right now is the 2nd best star rating average of the past 11 years and we just can't seem to admit how crappy things are in recruiting?

Way to set your standards high. If you're ok with results that resulted in 11 years with 0 conference championships then we have very different goals.

So you want me to be unhappy that we're doing better than 9 out of the past 11 years? Sounds like your priorities are a bit skewed.

I said nothing about results...this is recruiting.

Skewed is you comparing our current average star ranking to past years final average star ranking. Right now arguably we have only taken our "plan A's", usually higher rated guys. What happens to that average when we start taking plan b's, c's and d's? Recruiting is a big part of the results on the field, that's undeniable.

I don't need include things that 'might' happen when dealing with statistics and facts.

Whatever you've got to do for you man. Hope you're right, but as I orginally stated we've been on a downward trend missing on prospects we thought we'd get. Hope it changes.

??????
It was sarcasm eluding to continuing downward trend that some havent/aren't seeing.

Oh you mean where the class we have right now is the 2nd best star rating average of the past 11 years and we just can't seem to admit how crappy things are in recruiting?

Way to set your standards high. If you're ok with results that resulted in 11 years with 0 conference championships then we have very different goals.

So you want me to be unhappy that we're doing better than 9 out of the past 11 years? Sounds like your priorities are a bit skewed.

Skewed is you comparing our current average star ranking to past years final average star ranking. Right now arguably we have only taken our "plan A's", usually higher rated guys. What happens to that average when we start taking plan b's, c's and d's? Recruiting is a big part of the results on the field, that's undeniable.

I don't need include things that 'might' happen when dealing with statistics and facts.

You can't say you are dealing with "statistics and facts" when you are comparing two unlike things (this year's unfinished class to finished classes of past years). He's making assumptions and so are you.

I mean I don't mind missing on guys. The nice thing about taking a small class is it means you get to load up next year.

But it's just been a bit demoralizing whiffing on so many guys down the stretch here. Luckily they've kept it pretty balanced, but seems like we've exhausted our plan A guys at DL (specifically DE). DL recruiting will need to improve going forward.

You're probably right teach. We'd be at 21 with Ivy, Alaric Jackson, Butler, Goode, Farniok, Simmons, and Lamar Jackson. That's excluding Alexander who is probably gone, and Ivy is a big academic risk.

• Fire 1

This is the 'normal' fan panic that occurs in the dead period every year it seems to me. The recruting watchers are either terrified that our 'top' rated recruits will change their minds or the ones that haven't decided will of course without a doubt choose some place else to go to school. Time will tell folks. Give the coaches a chance to finish the class and let the recruits decide. It does not help recruiting to have a bunch of naysayers writing bad things constantly, criticizing the players who we are considering and who are considering us.

At this point in time, we have some excellent players committed and apparently intending to and or are in fact enrolled already. There are another 8 or ten more to secured. I can't believe that there are no more good student athletes left out there across the country that would be interested in playing football for Nebraska. We have a coach with a good reputation for treating people respectfully and above reproach for many years. He is well known around the NFL and most other colleges and certainly amongst quite a number of high schools, particularly on the West coast. We have the KEY ingredient in buildiing a great team with Patrick Obrien already enrolled. He is not a "if" or a "Maybe" or a highly probabe. He is already in school. We have a bevy of good receivers and some solid RBs to distribute the ball to for several years to come. We return a starting QB with loads of experience and a system that got better as the season progressed. The trend line was moving up, albeit from a very low level to begin. We can't blame it all on the past coaches or the current coaches or the players or the administration or the fans. Some bad luck, some bad choices, some good ones.

It will all be OK! Relax and enjoy the future of Husker football. The games this year were all excitiing and fun! That is what we all pay for! We got our money's worth in football fun and there's lots more to come in the years ahead. Wins will come. We are the Huskers! America's team.

You can't say you are dealing with "statistics and facts" when you are comparing two unlike things (this year's unfinished class to finished classes of past years). He's making assumptions and so are you.

Yes, how dare I compare average class rankings so far in this recruiting cycle to finished cycles!!! That's like comparing batting averages during the baseball season to ending season batting average! How dare I right?!?!?!

:sarcasm

So, instead of focusing on the misses we've had, I have decided to be optimistic about how we can finish because of the FACT of where we are.

Can't believe you didn't get your data from the 247 site called "Past Team Recruiting Ranks 20 days before NSD".... What a rookie. Everybody knows that's the only way to compare apples to apples. I wish I could find that link again :(

I mean I don't mind missing on guys. The nice thing about taking a small class is it means you get to load up next year.

But it's just been a bit demoralizing whiffing on so many guys down the stretch here. Luckily they've kept it pretty balanced, but seems like we've exhausted our plan A guys at DL (specifically DE). DL recruiting will need to improve going forward.

You're probably right teach. We'd be at 21 with Ivy, Alaric Jackson, Butler, Goode, Farniok, Simmons, and Lamar Jackson. That's excluding Alexander who is probably gone, and Ivy is a big academic risk.

Dude... that's awful though. That's how you get roster problems. That's how you completely throw your depth chart out of whack. It's just poor roster management.

• Fire 1

Player Decision info 247 composite player rating

Butler. Jan 20th .8650

Ivy Visiting Jan 22nd announce after that .8622

Jackson Jan 28th .9524

Farniok (probably) week of Jan 25-29 .9055
Sails visit Jan 29-30 announce after that. .8653

Alaric Jackson Visit Jan 29 announce after that .8596
Fitzpatrick Feb 1st .9069
Simmons NSD .8913
Newman ???? .8896
Fant ???? .8665

Updated taking Reese and Watts off.

Just for poops and giggles, I added Fant. I'm not convinced his recruitment is over. He is considering taking an official visit here.

• Fire 1