***2016 Recruiting***

Oh OK, so it's alright for someone to assure me of a Top 15 finish and criticize my belief that we'll be closer to 40... not only that, but I get CALLED OUT on it and told to provide proof that it was ever said. I provide said proof, and then it's, "Oh, let's change the subject." Got it. :lol:

And no, Top 25 is not good enough. We've been finishing around 25 in recent years and it's not getting us anywhere. Evidence shows that consistent Top 12 finishes are required in order to win championships in today's day and age. I repeat: letting Orgeron slip through our grasp was pure idiocy. LSU will likely finish with the #1 or 2 ranked class. You can't tell me Orgeron wouldn't have been worth in weight in gold as a recruiter, especially with his ties to the south. LSU's even giving him a hefty bonus.

Fair enough, you answered my question. I would quivel a bit with your top 12 standard though. I ran the numbers several years ago during the BCS and it was more like top 20 bottom with top 15 the goal. There was a decided separation for those in the top 10 though, but not guaranteed, see Texas, Georgia, etc. either way I would agree that Top 25 consistently isn't quite good enough, need to be in Top 20 each year if possible.

Possibly hinting at Jackson being asked to wait till day before signing day??

That would be beyond great. Although he did say he'd tell the coaches after he recorded his video this weekend.

My guess - Miller said he was committing but wouldn't make it public until his visit. So we told Ivy thanks but no thanks.

Why wouldn't they take both if possible though? I am continuously confounded by the staff's strategy in the DL.

Oh OK, so it's alright for someone to assure me of a Top 15 finish and criticize my belief that we'll be closer to 40... not only that, but I get CALLED OUT on it and told to provide proof that it was ever said. I provide said proof, and then it's, "Oh, let's change the subject." Got it. :lol:

And no, Top 25 is not good enough. We've been finishing around 25 in recent years and it's not getting us anywhere. Evidence shows that consistent Top 12 finishes are required in order to win championships in today's day and age. I repeat: letting Orgeron slip through our grasp was pure idiocy. LSU will likely finish with the #1 or 2 ranked class. You can't tell me Orgeron wouldn't have been worth in weight in gold as a recruiter, especially with his ties to the south. LSU's even giving him a hefty bonus.

Fair enough, you answered my question. I would quivel a bit with your top 12 standard though. I ran the numbers several years ago during the BCS and it was more like top 20 bottom with top 15 the goal. There was a decided separation for those in the top 10 though, but not guaranteed, see Texas, Georgia, etc. either way I would agree that Top 25 consistently isn't quite good enough, need to be in Top 20 each year if possible.

From everything I've been told, the lowest-ranked team (recruiting-wise) to win a national championship in the past 15 years over a 4-year span of recruiting was Auburn, which finished at #12. Like it or not, for the most part, stars do matter. Getting majority 3-stars just isn't going to cut it nowadays.

not only that, but I get CALLED OUT on it and told to provide proof that it was ever said. I provide said proof, and then it's, "Oh, let's change the subject." Got it. :lol:

Wait a second...

So first you say that you were assured you we would finish top 20.

Then I ask you to provide where that happened.

Then you link to one person predicting, which is a guess, that we end ranked #15.

Then you think that is proof.

Then you think "we" are trying to change the subject, when the person that asked you to provide that, myself, hasn't posted in this thread since then.

lol

• Fire 4

I provided just one link. If you think I'm going to go back through every post in my post history to search for evidence, that's not gonna happen. Bottom line is, you doubted that it was ever said. Doesn't matter if one person said it or a hundred, it was said.

teachercd, on 15 Oct 2015 - 5:18 PM, said:

Prediction...Riley's first class: Top 15

My prediction is we'll be closer to #40 than #15.

GOAT...the last 15 guys that NU might get are all studs.

teachercd

15 Oct 2015

By the way, there is no way that NU comes anywhere close to finishing 40 in recruiting this year

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter if we finish 25, 30, or 40. It's still not good enough, especially after all the claims that were made regarding what Riley would be able to do with all of the extra resources at his disposal.

I provided just one link. If you think I'm going to go back through every post in my post history to search for evidence, that's not gonna happen. Bottom line is, you doubted that it was ever said. Doesn't matter if one person said it or a hundred, it was said.

So 1 random guy on the internet predicts a top 15 class and in your logic that means that you are personally assured of a top 15 class?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

• Fire 5

So 1 random guy on the internet predicts a top 15 class and in your logic that means that you are personally assured of a top 15 class?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I couldn't stop laughing at this

• Fire 1

Everyone is saying the dominoes are going to fall because of Butler's commit.....What dominoes are we talking about? Is this kid going to bring in some major players with him? I haven't been paying much attention.

He's good friends with Fitzpatrick and former RB target Reese. He's also been talking to Jackson, I believe.

Fitzpatrick, Butler and Reese all "talked about" playing together. Reese went to Florida. Butler is obviously here so the hope is he can reel in Fitzpatrick as well. And possibly work on Jackson.

Using 247 class calculator, if we added Jackson, Fitz, Miller, Jefferson, Davis, Farniok and Simmons it would put us in the 18-20 team ranking range with 23 recruits (226 class score).

I have seen various reports where we are the leader on each of these players.

But, that also assumes no one else gets any commits either. Bank on 25

• Fire 1