Actual Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Bell Westerkamp and Burtch. You're welcome. I found these guys. chuckleshuffle

lol Burch really. Westerkamp will lead the team in receiving this year Bell right behind him.

Not sure exactly what about Burch you don't like, he had a solid year last year and could easily be the best person to replace Enunwa. Especially his blocking, he also made some really nice, tough grabs. I think his next 2 years will fun to watch.

Burtch has a lot of Swift/Peterson in him. Not that blazing athlete that'll make sportscenters top 10, but man, the guy is reliable and plays his role.

And with all of our receivers hype, this is what we have been missing IMO. We need a receiver to be "that guy" who is a sure handed go to guy when we need a pass completed. Blazing speed is great, but I also like the guys who can read the coverage and sit on his route, make the first down catch in traffic and keep the chains moving. I hope he and Westerkamp can fill/excel in this role as well as the two you mentioned above. Throwbacks to guys like Steve Largent or Jay Novacek. Not blazers, but ran great routes with hands like glue.

Great receivers make an average QB look incredible. I hope that the two above as well as KB, Carter and Jamal really step up and improve that aspect (catching) of their game. It would easily make the difference in 1-2 wins next year IMO. And like the fumbles, has shown itself at the worst times.

No kidding.

From Burtch's Huskers.com page: "On the track, Burtch won 11 total medals in three seasons with the track team. He won the Class C 800 meters at the 2010 and 2011 Nebraska state track meets and was a three-time silver medalist in the 400 meters. Burtch also posted first-, second- and third-place finishes as a member of Elmwood-Murdock's 1,600- and 3,200-meter relay teams. Burtch also added to his medal total in the 200 meters."

It's not like he's a lumbering lineman out there. Dude can run, no matter what color his skin is. ;)

Can I also throw in the "coach on the field" cliché?

For those people inquiring, Jamal has practiced at "QB" every year since he has been here, it isn't like he has never practiced that spot here. He practiced it in wild cat as well as some various other offensive sets. Every. Single. Year. This year, however, he is getting an actual shot at the starting spot and it appears that the reps are going to be frequent and consistent, unlike the past. This is going to be an electrifying QB battle.

Also - Adam Taylor is absolutely jacked and something about our team has changed weight room wise - they look much more like football players now.

I've heard players love Charlton Warren thus far..

There is a whole lot to like in this post, thanks for sharing.

For those people inquiring, Jamal has practiced at "QB" every year since he has been here, it isn't like he has never practiced that spot here. He practiced it in wild cat as well as some various other offensive sets. Every. Single. Year. This year, however, he is getting an actual shot at the starting spot and it appears that the reps are going to be frequent and consistent, unlike the past. This is going to be an electrifying QB battle.

Also - Adam Taylor is absolutely jacked and something about our team has changed weight room wise - they look much more like football players now.

I've heard players love Charlton Warren thus far..

Bingo on JT, he's always been working on a "wrinkle"...probably would have saw it last year if he wasn't hurt. People forget he was one of the top dual threat QB's coming out of HS and a Top150 recruit.

And I heard the bolded on a few guys.....heard Jake Cotton looks like a absolute animal, very lean but powerful.

Didn't see this posted yet from 247Sports:

"— Harvey Jackson, Jay Guy and Tobi Okuyemi are all no longer listed on Nebraska’s official roster."

voluntarily quit, nagging injuries or violation of team rules ?

Guy and Okuyemi had graduated and weren't going to push for time...HJax not sure, guessing the young talent overtook him.

"— Harvey Jackson, Jay Guy and Tobi Okuyemi are all no longer listed on Nebraska’s official roster."

Guy and Okuyemi had graduated and weren't going to push for time...HJax not sure, guessing the young talent overtook him.

Am I crazy or did those two graduate fast?

Am I crazy or did those two graduate fast?

You're crazy haha...they would have been 5th year seniors I believe.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan 2h

My favorite new wrinkle with the offense was seeing several formations with two RB's on the field at once. Abdullah/Cross Taylor/Newby

This could be the best storyline out of today. Love the thought of more options in the run game, and use of all our RB depth.

I would make this a staple ie 2 back set. We appear (on paper) to have the horses. Line them up and let em run.

He could be looking for a transfer. He's been working out in the campus rec center some.