Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

Jesus guys. Re the hell lax. Regardless what you think of Bielema, as a coach, he's EVERYTHING we've been clamoring for. Name one facet of his coaching abilities (leave the attitude, hot wife, fat slob, anything else out of it) that we DONT want. With the talent on this team, he'd have us in Indy and in legit playoff talk next year. Guaranteed.

Everyone wants good sound fundamental power football back. Well, here ya go. We're just made cuz he stomped our faces into the ground a couple times.

i do not even think his personality is that bad. we just hate him because he embarrassed us a couple of times.

Holy Crap, we are on the same side of an issue...... :wasted

No way!!!

His record at Arkansas is:

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (2013–present) 2013 Arkansas 3–9 0–8 7th (West) 2014 Arkansas 6–6 2–6 7th (West) Arkansas: 9–15 2–14

He is 2 wins vr 5losses in bowls

Over all he has won only 66% of his games.

Sounds like a step backwards.

We don't owe the Razorbacks any favors. Let him stay put.

T_O_B

Forget about his personality for a second. This would be a great hire for a number of reasons.

1. He's a damn good coach and he's proven that he can win in the Big Ten, and do it without elite recruits. He won 3 straight conference titles for a reason, beating Ohio State and their host of 5-stars on a routine basis.

2. His style of play is a perfect fit. Can you imagine how many yards Abdullah would've rushed for behind his offensive lines? My god. That would be tremendous.

3. Our woes against Wisconsin would almost surely end. We'd just be a better version of them.

4. He's only 44. Could stay for a while.

Look, I'm not a fan of the man, personally, but if he wins games, and wins championships, that's really all I care about.

We will never beat OSU with this POS as head coach.

Eternal mediocrity it is. For those of you who wanted Bo fired and put your faith in the Ginger idiot, enjoy.

Nifty PR move is my guess. People have gone from wanting Tressel mania to full blown disappointment if it's not him. So anyone not named Tressel becomes less than desirable. Possibly a complete failure choice. Push out a false leak to mislead with a guy like BB, and you have the masses back in your corner ready to embrace anyone but him.

Of course I'm just guessing and hoping.

• Fire 1

Jesus guys. Re the hell lax. Regardless what you think of Bielema, as a coach, he's EVERYTHING we've been clamoring for. Name one facet of his coaching abilities (leave the attitude, hot wife, fat slob, anything else out of it) that we DONT want. With the talent on this team, he'd have us in Indy and in legit playoff talk next year. Guaranteed.

Everyone wants good sound fundamental power football back. Well, here ya go. We're just made cuz he stomped our faces into the ground a couple times.

I would be pleased with BB. I didn't really think he would leave Arkansas as he's got them on the rise very quickly, but I agree with the 1620 analysis that it would be much easier for him to be in the playoff discussion in the Big Ten West than the SEC West.

It is no secret that I know a few people deep inside the program or on the cusps of knowing something. So from time to time, I will venture down to the stadium and pop-in and greet SE and shoot the breeze. So after hearing this latest news, I headed out to Hy-Vee to grab some cheese soup off the salad bar. There was SE. I just want to give you a snippet of our conversation as I approached him with a big salad.

post-4581-0-56931700-1417640029_thumb.jpg

SE: Hi may I help you?

ME: You can start by wiping that F*ing dumb-ass smile off your rosey, F*ing, cheeks! And you can give me a F*ing Coach. An Ohio State one, an Oregon one, a Stanford, a Colorado State one, one with two conference titles and a headset.

SE: I really don’t like the way you are talking to me.

ME: I really don’t care how the university has left me without one for the last 4 days. I really don’t care to check HB, the F*ing internet every 5 minutes, to F*ing log on, F*ing log off constantly. Then to come here and have you smile in my F*ing face. I want a F*ing Head Coach right F*ing now.

SE: Oh my!

ME: Oh my what?

SE: I hired Bret B, you are F*ed

@

— CoachingSearch.com (@coachingsearch) https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/540234584617517056

Bret Bielema today: "I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. My commitment to Arkansas is long-term.” http://t.co/vZgFaTaxcV

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Wednesday December 03, 2014

Arkansas: On a conference call with local media on Wednesday, Bret Bielema was asked about his commitment to Arkansas, saying, “I took this opportunity without anybody knowing about it or hearing about it. … I’m not one of those coaches that gets my name involved or anything like that. When I started talking to Arkansas, I told them, ‘If my name comes out in a way other than my own release, then I’m going to be out of this conversation.' It’s just how I’ve always operated. … I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. Obviously, my commitment to Arkansas is long-term." Bielema also said raises and other compensation are coming for his assistant coaches. Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman reports Nebraska is interested in Bielema.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Man, we can only hope that this info being released will cause him to remove his name from the search. That or hopefully the Ginger idiot was trying to help his old pal get a raise.

I've been saying it all along, Stevie P.v.2.

Forget about his personality for a second. This would be a great hire for a number of reasons.

1. He's a damn good coach and he's proven that he can win in the Big Ten, and do it without elite recruits. He won 3 straight conference titles for a reason, beating Ohio State and their host of 5-stars on a routine basis.

2. His style of play is a perfect fit. Can you imagine how many yards Abdullah would've rushed for behind his offensive lines? My god. That would be tremendous.

3. Our woes against Wisconsin would almost surely end. We'd just be a better version of them.

4. He's only 44. Could stay for a while.

Look, I'm not a fan of the man, personally, but if he wins games, and wins championships, that's really all I care about.

We will never beat OSU with this POS as head coach.

Eternal mediocrity it is. For those of you who wanted Bo fired and put your faith in the Ginger idiot, enjoy.

I'm not excited by this at all...however, I'd still gladly take Brett over Bo. No question. His teams play disciplined and his rushing attacks are beautiful to watch.