Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

Before anyone says what Moss did was so horrendous, how many of you have mooned someone? Alot of you guys act holier than thou, so let the non sinner cast the first stone. Teenagers/college aged kids do dumb sh#t. But he did ghoose to come here, doesnt the university have some sort loyalty to him tongive him a second chance?

I haven't mooned anyone, and this is probably the most ridiculous defense of Moss yet. Which is truly saying something.

How weird, i was specifically thinking of you. Ok, so you havent mooned anyone. Have you ever done anything wrong? Nm, dont answer, i already know the answer. Its not about have you mooned someone, its about people crucifying him and acting as if they are perfect which you are a great example of. I spose you never needed a second chance huh??
  • Fire 1

Before anyone says what Moss did was so horrendous, how many of you have mooned someone? Alot of you guys act holier than thou, so let the non sinner cast the first stone. Teenagers/college aged kids do dumb sh#t. But he did ghoose to come here, doesnt the university have some sort loyalty to him tongive him a second chance?

I haven't mooned anyone, and this is probably the most ridiculous defense of Moss yet. Which is truly saying something.
How weird, i was specifically thinking of you. Ok, so you havent mooned anyone. Have you ever done anything wrong? Nm, dont answer, i already know the answer. Its not about have you mooned someone, its about people crucifying him and acting as if they are perfect which you are a great example of. I spose you never needed a second chance huh??
Come on man, he is a repeat Sex Offender. Get that through your head. Regardless of whether you believe that showing your junk in public should merit that punishment, the fact that he did it a 2nd time after being caught once should give you pause.

If this kid was at Wisconsin, Kansas State, Missouri or Colorado, would you guys be saying the same thing?

If he is let back, it will have some negative press, that Riley will not deserve. I doubt he will want it on his record, key the anti Riley jerk on the alleged rape.

Sometimes it goes about being right, not whether you can play football at a high level. None of know what he was told, if he has done what he was told.

I doubt the comes back, and if he does, a lot of baggage will come with it.

• Fire 1

Why does everyone assume this is some sick perverted thing that he did. Like others have said sometimes h.s. and college age guys just do some dumb $hit. When I was in college one of the kids in a different fraternity house took the house Greek year book picture with his balls hanging out. It was really dumb and immature.... and completely f'ing hilarious. The guy became a legend and every guy who saw that picture laughed his ass off. Maybe Moss just thought it would be funny as $hit to go up and purchase something with his junk hanging out. For #uck sake he didn't rape a baby.

So, Moss was given a second chance....

Come on man, he is a repeat Sex Offender. Get that through your head. Regardless of whether you believe that showing your junk in public should merit that punishment, the fact that he did it a 2nd time after being caught once should give you pause.

I am glad you know all the facts in this case while living in NY.

Why does everyone assume this is some sick perverted thing that he did. Like others have said sometimes h.s. and college age guys just do some dumb $hit. When I was in college one of the kids in a different fraternity house took the house Greek year book picture with his balls hanging out. It was really dumb and immature.... and completely f'ing hilarious. The guy became a legend and every guy who saw that picture laughed his ass off. Maybe Moss just thought it would be funny as $hit to go up and purchase something with his junk hanging out. For #uck sake he didn't rape a baby.

The problem is while Moss thought it was the funny, the Lincoln PD and the University of Nebraska didn't. Like it or not, athletes are going to be held to a higher standard and football at Nebraska are under an even bigger microscope. I have no data to back this up, but I think Moss's chance to play went out the window when Pelini got sacked.

So I have a couple of opinions

1. Regardless of what you think about the situation, the young woman working at the convenient store must have been pretty scared if she called the police. If she thought it was just some college prank, she would have probably just laughed it off and went about her night.

2. There is a growing problem in college towns and more specifically colleges with regards to sexual assault. No one knows how far Moss would have taken his situation. And it's best not to. The university is 100% correct in getting in front of the situation and not let it get out of hand a la Jamies Winston.

3. Mike Riley doesn't know Avery Moss so it's difficult for him to vouch for him on his character. Pelini knew Moss and probably could have went before the university and promised on his name that Moss would walk the line. I don't think asking Riley to do that is appropriate.

4. Let's stop acting like the university is the bad guy here. They have an institution to protect and that is more important than a guy that might replace Randy Gregory next year.

5. Unless any of us have any direct solid knowledge as to "everything that was asked of him to do", you should refrain from claiming that he has. If it were that simple, he would be on campus.

• Fire 5

The only circumstance I'm concerned with is what he was actually led to believe. Was he told...

A)you do this, this, and that, and at X time, we'll review and MAYBE you can return to school.....

or

B) you do this, this, and that, and at the time of review, you'll be allowed to return.

I dont know either way. But if it was A, and if the former staff or Avery himself interpreted that as automatic reinstatement, that's not on the university at all. it's on the staff and/or Avery. If it was B, and he did what he was supposed to do, I would think the school has a full blown obligation to reinstate him.

i dont know nothing either way. Just speculating the scenarios. There's a reason he stuck around and assumingly did what he was supposed.

• Fire 2

So, Moss was given a second chance....

Bingo. I think the story goes he whipped it out, got banned from campus for X amount of time. Then he was caught visiting his girlfriend in the dorms and then got the 4 year ban handed down. Is this correct?