Trump Foreign Policy

21 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Regardless of whether or not you think this is a good thing, it's ultimately going to be a massive cluster**** that is going to get Americans killed, and I'm generally opposed to that. 

Maybe, but I think it's pretty well accept that the General was responsible for American soldier's deaths already.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Mayb, but I think it's pretty well accept that the General was responsible for American soldier's deaths already.

Ok, that's understood. What's the plan going forward? THAT'S the issue at play here, because I'll guaran-damn-tee you there isn't one. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Ok, that's understood. What's the plan going forward? THAT'S the issue at play here, because I'll guaran-damn-tee you there isn't one. 

I doubt we have a plan as well. I also doubt that Iran will target us in a conventional way. They know that they can't fight a conventional war with us. The unknown is whether they will try to hit us financially, technology, or through proxy terrorism.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I doubt we have a plan as well. I also doubt that Iran will target us in a conventional way. They know that they can't fight a conventional war with us. The unknown is whether they will try to hit us financially, technology, or through proxy terrorism.

I would imagine there is a plan but I also agree that Iran will not square up, they can't and they know it.  

I would think financially is what they will try first.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would imagine there is a plan but I also agree that Iran will not square up, they can't and they know it.  

I would think financially is what they will try first.

The problem is they can't have a dramatic impact financially going after oil since we import a small amount, and the majority of our imports are from Canada. Attacking Oil would really be a win for Russian and US Oil companies as any increase in price would probably boost their profits. I would think it would hurt Europe more than anyone.

That leads me to believe they will either try some kind of hack, or proxy/espionage attack, and likely never claim responsibility.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

There can't be a plan when we have a bunch of moneyed, GOP sheep serving in "temporary" roles of leadership in almost every cabinet position currently.  This should terrify everyone.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

NO ONE    Trump has insulted everyone.    Ok, maybe Israel and the Saudi's for different reasons - the Odd Couple

Israel and Saudi Arabia will never fight together in a war and no Muslim country is going to allow israel to use its air space to get to iran. The US would be on its own to fight iran. The Saudi's have a big expensive military but wont use it since the US will do it for them.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Israel and Saudi Arabia will never fight together in a war and no Muslim country is going to allow israel to use its air space to get to iran. The US would be on its own to fight iran. The Saudi's have a big expensive military but wont use it since the US will do it for them.

I agree.  We should stop fighting Saudi's wars

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

My favorite new term of 2020 is rogue adventurismcourtesy of Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. Trump probably thinks of himself as some sort of rogue adventurer, when in reality he's just a childish imbecile with bad posture and a fabricated foot condition.

That cracked me up too. You’d think they’d find some better translators. 

• Plus1 1