The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Cruz and Hilary's masterplan was to get Trump heads up because he'd have no chance against a seasoned politician.  They joined a long sad train of those who underestimated Trump.

No, what was underestimated was the number of Americans that would get frothy at the mouth excited over a two year old standing on stage calling everyone names but doesn't have a clue on the issues.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, what was underestimated was the number of Americans that would get frothy at the mouth excited over a two year old standing on stage calling everyone names but doesn't have a clue on the issues.

That truly is the defining characteristic of Trumpism - that you are a fan of trollery. "Owning the Libs" is all about trolling.

New polls point to Biden blowout in Michigan

A handful of new polls released in the last 24 hours suggest Joe Biden is going to blow Bernie Sanders out of the water in Michigan in Tuesday’s Democratic primary.

The trouble is that’s the same thing the data said about Hillary Clinton four years ago — just before Sanders scored one of the biggest upsets in recent presidential campaign history.

The latest poll, released Monday by Monmouth University in New Jersey, shows Biden leading Sanders, 51 percent to 36 percent. That followed a poll from the Detroit Free Press, conducted last week, that showed Biden with an even larger lead over Sanders, 51 percent to 27 percent. Another survey, from Mitchell Research and Communications in East Lansing, Mich., gives Biden a 21-point lead in a one-day, landline-only automated poll conducted on Sunday.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, teachercd said:

Exactly...no crime.  Agreed.

No....not agreed.

There may have have been a crime.  

There is a huge difference between me working to get my son a job and my friend's company and a government official putting his kids in places where they all benefit from policies that the politician has control over.  That's a HUGE problem.  I haven't seen evidence of the personal benefit from the Biden issues.  I have seen one hell of a lot of evidence of it with the Trump kids and they don't even try to hide it.

I'm all for every single one of them being investigated.  I'm sure the Trumps would put a screeching halt on the Hunter investigation if it were to include his own kids.

I personally think Joe should welcome the investigation as long as it includes Trump's kids.  However, it needs to be done by someone other than Barr.

Hunter Biden’s job in Ukraine didn’t negatively impact the country, nor did it negatively impact the country with the goal of helping a U.S. politician.

There has been quite a bit of evidence that what Trump’s children and their spouses are doing does or has high potential to do both of those things. 

39 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Actually, what you originally posted was just like, your opinion, man.  Until you stop committing logical fallacies and prove it yourself...it's a false claim.

Ah yes, the BlitzFirst classic move.  Bust out the Thesaurus words and cry for proof.  Here's the thing my man, what I said isn't just my opinion, it's an absolute plausible outcome if by some miracle Bernie landed in the White House.  Without the House AND Senate, Bernie's tax plan/Healthcare dream are dead in the water.  Higher taxes would be approved because ALL politicians like that concept.  Not all politicians like the UHC idea he has.

That's what I said and I'll say it again.  It's absolutely my opinion and it's absolutely plausible.  But please keep following me around crying for Links that don't exist.  Go ahead and tell me I'm completely wrong and I'm going to sit here and laugh.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

A bribe to what?

If it was to influence his dad on Ukraine policy, it was a poor ROI.

It's not a bribe unless they received something material in return. They did not. But you know that.

No, an example of a bribe is having your slush fund charity send a check for $25K to the state A.G. reviewing your fraudulent University so they will not bring charges.

Ultimately, Bondi came to work for Trump. Grifters usually like to stay close to the gravy train.

They got 1 billion in loan guarantees, which everyone else knows means the US taxpayer.

• Plus1 1

Karma??

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/10/donald-trump-lose-florida-hurricane-maria-refugees-us-elections-2020

Many Puerto Ricans fleeing to Florida arrived with the burden of trauma in the storm’s aftermath, their finances stretched to the max. They also felt sidelined by the Trump administration after the federal government’s insufficient response to Hurricane Maria. “He could have done more for Puerto Rico,” Rivera said in a video oral history. “He didn’t do anything because he didn’t want to.”

In a state where Trump edged out Hillary Clinton by a 1.2% margin (or around 113,000 votes) in 2016, that sentiment could impact the primary and general election this year. Especially since entire districts are being transformed by their new residents: in Osceola and Orange counties, for example, the Puerto Rican population has jumped a combined 12.5%, or 37,000 residents, after Hurricane Maria. Both counties tend to vote Democratic, but the new residents could determine what happens this year.

49 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Hmmm whose opinion holds more weight,  the Economics Professor with a PHD from Harvard - or the guy who posts memes bashing the democrat candidates daily. 

Well if that economist thinks that Bernie Sanders' policies would result in economic growth... then his opinion holds no weight

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

I have the exact opposite feeling.

i think Biden will be crushed by Trump in the election.  Biden is a gaffe machine, has lied multiple times about things he did in the past, and has the Hunter Biden thing that Trump won't let go.

Each one of those is fuel to Trumps fire...and in a debate with Trump, Biden would be crushed...his cognitive decline has been super evident this year.

It is interesting how we see it so differently.

A month ago I would agree with you...but this virus issue, I think, will make a huge difference.