** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

No just read the bits and pieces posted on twitter from the media. But either way, coming out after going 4-8, with some of the most embarrassing losses in school history in the final 4 games and losing recruits left and right, and showing zero progress in 3 years, to be able to say with a straight face that he thinks he is the right guy to turn this around feels like a slap in the face to our intelligence.

It's just more coach-speak.  No coach is ever on board with being fired.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I think that Scott through his agent had conditions in his contract with Moos.  Things like:

-The decision will not be discussed, which Moos has not.

-Scott would be allowed to coach his UCF team for as long as they played.

-The contract would not be signed until the UCF season, including bowl games were over.

-Scott has full control with regards to the hiring of his new staff.

Like I said, I will eat crow if I'm wrong but I believe Scott is :bigredn:. Others have tried but they have all failed.

Waiting for Frost until after the bowl game? Not gonna happen.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I think that Scott through his agent had conditions in his contract with Moos.  Things like:

-The decision will not be discussed, which Moos has not.

-Scott would be allowed to coach his UCF team for as long as they played.

-The contract would not be signed until the UCF season, including bowl games were over.

-Scott has full control with regards to the hiring of his new staff.

Like I said, I will eat crow if I'm wrong but I believe Scott is :bigredn:. Others have tried but they have all failed.

Waiting until January for Frost to sign the contract would be moronic. 

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

These could all be true, acceptable and agreeable excepted for the part I bolded. There is no way you wait for a contract to be signed past January 1.

I have no problem letting Frost coach the bowl game, but name him the head coach as soon as possible, but no later then December 4. Let him get thinking on a staff, get a few staffers in there who may not be currently coaching, be it retained staff or others to go and recruit on his behalf while he prepares for his bowl game.

Has that ever happened before? I've heard coordinators pull this off, but never a head coach. 

Just now, Kernel Red said:

Waiting for Frost until after the bowl game? Not gonna happen.

With early signing this year, the fact that we are down to like 6-7 commits in the 2018 class, NU can ill afford to wait to name there HC until Jan IMHO.  I think (hope) we will name Frost sooner than later to allow him to reach out to current commits and those that have decimated.  Allow him to name a staff and hopefully generate some interest in having more than 7 kids in a class.......I have no issue if he coaches in the bowl game, but if his staff could start recruiting, that'd be great.....

Interesting times indeed......

Just now, theknife said:

Has that ever happened before? I've heard coordinators pull this off, but never a head coach. 

Not sure, I thought recently there was a head coach that did this. Honestly I would see no problem with it, it in fact could be a recruiting tool for Frost and Nebraska if he coaches in a NY6 Bowl. National media attention, an unbeaten UCF team, Frosts last game and the entire time the announcers would be talking about Frost to Nebraska. The trick would be assembling a staff to try and go recruit as best as possible and try and build on a class that is quickly falling apart.

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

These could all be true, acceptable and agreeable excepted for the part I bolded. There is no way you wait for a contract to be signed past January 1.

I have no problem letting Frost coach the bowl game, but name him the head coach as soon as possible, but no later then December 4. Let him get thinking on a staff, get a few staffers in there who may not be currently coaching, be it retained staff or others to go and recruit on his behalf while he prepares for his bowl game.

True BoneyardHusker-I forgot about recruiting. Yes, you're right. 

I feel the bottom line is this.  If Frost is hired and given enough time by the administration within his contract to do what he wants to do then he will come here.  There's no way he comes here and is run out of town in 3 years for lack of results based on recruits, schedule... what have you.  You give him the time he will give you his services as a coach... for better or for worse.  Go Big Red!

• Plus1 2

Given the rebuild that needs to take place at Nebraska, given the future Frost has with being talented yet young, given our very difficult schedule for 2018, Frost first season will be like a free year. Let him do what he has to do, this rebuild will take time. I know we have been fed "patience" for 17 years, but this time the patience actually makes sense and actually has merit.

• Plus1 1