** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would love it if we got a press conference scheduled for tonight. Frost comes out and says in lite of the fact we already pounded Memphis once this year, I am not too concerned about distractions. So we are officially announcing I will be the next head coach of Nebraska. Oh by the way where are my runza fries 

I wouldn't. Let UCF win a conference crown and cap off an undefeated season in peace. We all can wait. 

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

As this week goes on, I hope everything is super quiet on the Frost to NU front.  I would hate for something to be leaked any further and Frost get all pissed off and back out of the agreement.  I think Moos will stand pat until Saturday, go to Orlando that day, and iron out the contract details Saturday night or Sunday.  He can then fly back with Frost for the press conference on Monday, 12/4.

• Plus1 2

Yes I agree Leach would be a blast to have for the interviews but again his style of play just wouldn't fly that well at Nebraska or the B1G in general.  I'll be honest, I do NOT like the Air Raid at all but if you are going to have anyone run it, Leach is the only one I would trust.  

I think his system would work in the SEC and at Tennessee though.  He can take over as the Steve Spurrier of the SEC.  

• Plus1 3
Just now, Oade said:

I think so too, but he'd have to prove that he can build relationships with HS kids and coaches... I think he would do really well, but until he prices that he can, it's hard to justify $7 or $8m per year on a guy.

Do most Buc's fans regret firing him? I know his team's kind of stalled out in the end, and sometimes fresh faces are necessary, but that has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the NFL.

Gruden (and Allen) had managed the team through lean times, with very little cap room to sign players and stayed pretty competitive. The understanding with the Glazers was that once they had more cap room, he would be able to spend it to contend for titles again. When the cap room became available, the Glazers reneged and spent the money on Man U. When Gruden protested, they fired him.

The Bucs have sucked ever since. Smells like karma.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

So we have what, 6 days until an announcement?  So Frost will opt not to coach in a new years six bowl right?

Is say 7 days to be safe. There is a small chance Frost coaches the bowl game but I think he would want to get here and get started. Either way he will be announced a week from now if he accepts the position. 

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

So we have what, 6 days until an announcement?  So Frost will opt not to coach in a new years six bowl right?

It will depend on what he wants and what UCF wants.  I think Frost can do a split coaching staff during December.  Frost can hand off UCF practices to a few UCF assistants, and come to Lincoln to get started on building a staff and recruiting for NU.  Then during the bowl week, Frost can go back to UCF for one final hurrah at a New Years Six Bowl.

• Plus1 2
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

As this week goes on, I hope everything is super quiet on the Frost to NU front.  I would hate for something to be leaked any further and Frost get all pissed off and back out of the agreement.  I think Moos will stand pat until Saturday, go to Orlando that day, and iron out the contract details Saturday night or Sunday.  He can then fly back with Frost for the press conference on Monday, 12/4.

Honesty he should just take the podium and Husker press conference background with him to Orlando. Hold the presser in Orlando, maybe at Frosts backyard pool (it would be an amazing, wwe level interview), and then let Frost go recruit some before flying to Lincoln only to fly to Orlando again a day or two later...

It sounds like we need to make preparations for Frost's arrival.  Is memorial stadium cleaned up after Friday's mess?  Can we get a fresh coat of red asphalt on 180?  Have the championship trophies been dusted off?  Probably nobody has been in that trophy case for 20 years.  Does he need a temporary place to stay or will he crash at his parent's place?  Has Runza been contacted to cater the reception?  I heard he likes to hunt pheasant.  Can we get some land stocked with pheasants?  Does he hunt other animals... buffalo, badgers, hawkeyes, gophers?  

Edited by 4skers89
  • Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Yes I agree Leach would be a blast to have for the interviews but again his style of play just wouldn't fly that well at Nebraska or the B1G in general.  I'll be honest, I do NOT like the Air Raid at all but if you are going to have anyone run it, Leach is the only one I would trust.  

I think his system would work in the SEC and at Tennessee though.  He can take over as the Steve Spurrier of the SEC.  

Same here....too many 20 yard pocket passes for me.