** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Seems with the moving and shaking going down, I expect Frost’s timeframe for making an announcement has been moved up to tomorrow. As much as he wants to do the right thing for UCF, the climate of college football coaching carousel is going to alter what doing the right thing means. 

My guess is Moos and Frost are finalizing details; contractual, figuring out any holdovers, or if there will be new assistants outside of NU and UCF.

They'll get contracts in place for holdovers or new assistants so they can calm the waters with current players and recruits, while Frost and his current staff work on UCFs upcoming game.

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Seems with the moving and shaking going down, I expect Frost’s timeframe for making an announcement has been moved up to tomorrow. As much as he wants to do the right thing for UCF, the climate of college football coaching carousel is going to alter what doing the right thing means. 

My guess is Moos and Frost are finalizing details; contractual, figuring out any holdovers, or if there will be new assistants outside of NU and UCF.

They'll get contracts in place for holdovers or new assistants so they can calm the waters with current players and recruits, while Frost and his current staff work on UCFs upcoming game.

I don't necessarily see the need but it's not like it's going to be some big secret especially if things remain quite throughout the week. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Doubtful. So far they have handled this perfectly. Moos said he is going to respect Frost's space and let him coach for now.

Once the cat is out of the bag it is going to be too crazy for him to focus. Plus I don't even think it can be official until their season is done. (ccg)

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't necessarily see the need but it's not like it's going to be some big secret especially if things remain quite throughout the week. 

I saw a Tweet where UCF officials are meeting with Frost today to try to figure out a way to keep him in Orlando.  If Frost tells them he's headed to NU, maybe it will be them to push him to make the announcement.  I know it would be crappy to deal with while the team is trying to win a conference championship, but maybe UCF will push it to get done so they can move forward.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Doubtful. So far they have handled this perfectly. Moos said he is going to respect Frost's space and let him coach for now.

Once the cat is out of the bag it is going to be too crazy for him to focus. Plus I don't even think it can be official until their season is done. (ccg)

It may be out of Moos's hands, and UCF might force Scott to decide ASAP.  Supposedly, UCF officials are meeting with Scott today.

I thought it couldn't happen until after their CCG?

To this point I thought Moos can't even talk to Frost directly, or does he just need permission?

Could they make an "unofficial" announcement assuming he can't technically sign it?

I don't know all of the rules except what I've read here, but it just doesn't seem likely. They will try to keep a lid on all of it so at least the players can focus.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It may be out of Moos's hands, and UCF might force Scott to decide ASAP.  Supposedly, UCF officials are meeting with Scott today.

That doesn't make it public though. It will be another "source" saying Frost turned down his extension.