** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

Not on the radio show, no.  I do like him when he's on Big Red Wrap Up and any game coverage I've seen (may only be spring game?)

I do like him period.  So I have a bias where he is concerned.  I just think that he does that stuff on purpose to get a rise out of listeners.  I mean, he has to do the same thing day in and day out so he would have to find a way to continue to make their show interesting.  It's just my take.  You may be totally correct but I have to entertain that idea. It intrigues me.

I guess if I take a step back and look at Damon as a person and Scott as a person I see two adults. Not two college aged kids anymore. These two had a relationship.  I really find it hard to believe that Damon would hold a grudge against Scott for something that happened what, 20 years ago?  I think they are both above all of that crap.  But there is always someone who will bring it up, usually a listener and they will again have to deal with it.  You can bet Scott will be asked about it when he gets here.  I hope he says, 'Not going there.  It's a dead issue.'  or something to that effect. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

This search is like none of the past ones where we had a fever pitch of rumors swirling up until the announcement. It's weird. I almost miss it....

Quick, someone say something borderline absurd to liven this party up!

Just saw on Ron Kellogg's twitter that he saw Tressel in Lincoln. Cut the sleeves off your sweaters, boys. It's happening. 

• Plus1 8

Just to keep things interesting as it seems this thing is all but official, but someone on the UCF board claims to have a source that would personally be affected if Frost left, as in moving with him, that said Frost is not 100% with Nebraska yet, but more like 92%. According to this guy, Frost has not told staff yet of his decision. Of course this goes against what we were told yesterday that staff were already cleaning out their desks.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Just to keep things interesting as it seems this thing is all but official, but someone on the UCF board claims to have a source that would personally be affected if Frost left, as in moving with him, that said Frost is not 100% with Nebraska yet, but more like 92%. According to this guy, Frost has not told staff yet of his decision. Of course this goes against what we were told yesterday that staff were already cleaning out their desks.

I think his assistant coaches haven't been cleaning out their desks, it was more like a couple of administrative staffers who had minor jobs within the football team.

Just now, The Dude said:

Amy Schumer steals jokes.

10 years ago it was Carlos Mencia who stole jokes.

4 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

This search is like none of the past ones where we had a fever pitch of rumors swirling up until the announcement. It's weird. I almost miss it....

Quick, someone say something borderline absurd to liven this party up!

Ok here you go.   On Sharpe and Benning this morning Sharpe posed this hypothetical question: Is there ANYTHING/ANY SCENARIO where Scott Frost doesn't come to Nebraska?  He threw out that A&M may go after Taggart (sp?) which would open the HC job at Oregon?  Would Scott at the last minute take it? (I know-Hilarious-NOT!) or Could Scott at the last minute decide to stay at UCF? (Again, NOT-Scott is :bigredn:don't these people read Huskerboard???)  Anyway, any thoughts on this question?

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Ok here you go.   On Sharpe and Benning this morning Sharpe posed this hypothetical question: Is there ANYTHING/ANY SCENARIO where Scott Frost doesn't come to Nebraska?  He threw out that A&M may go after Taggart (sp?) which would open the HC job at Oregon?  Would Scott at the last minute take it? (I know-Hilarious-NOT!) or Could Scott at the last minute decide to stay at UCF? (Again, NOT-Scott is :bigredn:don't these people read Huskerboard???)  Anyway, any thoughts on this question?

That is an interesting scenario. "If" that were to happen I think it would become a bidding war between us and Oregon. I don't see any scenario in which Scott stays at UCF. This year is going to be proof that no matter what you do at UCF (or any mid-major), you will never be taken serious for a playoff spot.

• Plus1 1

Just got a text from a reliable source.  With Tennessee potentially offering Gundy over 8 million dollars we could look like a weaker job by comparison.   Word on the street is we will offer 12 million per year for 5 years to Lane Kiffin with a 20 million dollar buyout.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1
Just now, billdozer15 said:

That is an interesting scenario. "If" that were to happen I think it would become a bidding war between us and Oregon. I don't see any scenario in which Scott stays at UCF. This year is going to be proof that no matter what you do at UCF (or any mid-major), you will never be taken serious for a playoff spot.

The one job I have been most worried about opening up this season and having Frost go there is the Oregon job.

4 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Oregon is who I am worried about - Jimbo will go to A&M, Taggart may go to FSU, and then Oregon throws its hat into the ring for Frost.  Given that we've established Knight's friendship with Frost, I don't think we're still a 100% slam dunk here.

• Plus1 1