** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I can't name any specific ADs, but I would think it has happened.  Pressure to get that "home run" hire is too great to think it hasn't happened previously.

And the amount of money being offered to the new head coach is more than enough to think it hasn't happened. Until anyone can name even a single example, I'm not buying that reasoning.

I respectfully disagree Knapplc, it will be on Coach Osborne, that is who carries the weight with Coach Frost.  I think a year ago, Coach Osborne would have told him not to come, but with new leadership from top to bottom, Coach Osborne will endorse what is offered.  Again personal opinion, it will boil down to what is recommended by Coach Osborne, if Coach Frost has decided to come here.  If that has happened, no other program has a chance at getting him, no matter the financial offer.  This is a father son type of relationship, both will be looking out for each other. 

Still my only question on this is, does Coach Frost feel he has accomplished what he set as a goal at UCF.

2 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I respectfully disagree Knapplc, it will be on Coach Osborne, that is who carries the weight with Coach Frost.  I think a year ago, Coach Osborne would have told him not to come, but with new leadership from top to bottom, Coach Osborne will endorse what is offered.  Again personal opinion, it will boil down to what is recommended by Coach Osborne, if Coach Frost has decided to come here.  If that has happened, no other program has a chance at getting him, no matter the financial offer.  This is a father son type of relationship, both will be looking out for each other. 

Still my only question on this is, does Coach Frost feel he has accomplished what he set as a goal at UCF.

TO has already given his blessing in the ordeal prior to 11/4 

• Plus1 2

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here, but was driving during most of the game and listening to Davison on the radio.  

Just the way he he was talking and the things he was saying make me think he knows something.  Hopefully it’s what we all have hoped for this season.  

Gonna be a long 8 days but if we can land frost...then it’s all worth it.  

3 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

Everyone go to bed. It'll come tomorrow. At least the 1st half of our good news.

Yes, I was so sure we were going to get news tonight, but we must be a little bit more patient.  We will hear the first batch of good news in the morning.  I am reluctantly going to sleep.  Hope comes tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Yes.  Bo Pelini was allowed to finish at LSU.  While he wasn’t the head coach, he was still given time to prepare LSU for their championship game.

So, not a head coach and was coaching in the national championship game. If that's the only example, then Frost needs to start immediately or Moos needs to hire a different HC.

1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

With Scott it seems to be all about Scott.  I dont really think he gives two craps about NU over another University.  So if he does come here it will be all about money.  Because there are no real good football reasons to come here.  Much better sich at UCF

Damon, when did you start posting on HuskerBoard?! :facepalm:

• Plus1 1