Farmer to Center?

Stumpy1

Hopefully it works out. It's been far too long since Nebraska has had a good center. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I think Jacob Hickman was the last good center for Nebraska. And it wasn't like he was great or anything.

Ironically he may have been the last good offensive lineman from California too.

9 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Hopefully it works out. It's been far too long since Nebraska has had a good center. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I think Jacob Hickman was the last good center for Nebraska. And it wasn't like he was great or anything.

Ironically he may have been the last good offensive lineman from California too.

I really liked Justin Jackson.  

• Plus1 3

This makes a ton of sense and will be interesting to see if it sticks into fall practice.  I don't have the article handy but I remember Farmer saying something to the effect that he struggled and didn't feel 100% when he was bulked up so much and wrestling helped him shed some bad weight.  You don't necessarily need a giant dude at center to be successful...see Mike Caputo. 

12 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Mike Caputo was a pretty good one as well.  Former walk on too fwiw.

• Plus1 1
On 2/27/2018 at 8:30 AM, Stumpy1 said:

I read on another board that Farmer might be moved to Center,  Boe Wilson to take his spot at Right Guard.  In all honesty,  I think it would be a pretty good move.  

This is what popped out to me from this post... Get that kid on the field.

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

You don't necessarily need a giant dude at center to be successful...see Mike Caputo. 

Mike Caputo was a pretty good one as well.  Former walk on too fwiw.

Caputo was the one who stepped on T-Mart's ankle in the infamous Texas A&M game, though...

• Plus1 1

Great experiment!  Who knows, this might just get more talent on the field.  But even if Farmer moves back to RG for the season, you'd think being the backup center and playing center for spring ball will help out his draft stock a bit.  Nice!  

• Mavric changed the title to Farmer to Center?