DE Brant Banks [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

52 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Banks commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

39 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Hmmm HOL posted an update saying Jackson canceling his mid week visit is an indication we will sign Banks. 

I always thought he was a back up plan to Robinson. 

Would love this.  Tired of getting pushed around upfront by Wisconsin and Iowa? Well then lets go sign 2 monster DL that can move and have frames to add weight.  Put them in Duval's laboratory for a year or two and you will see the order of the Big Ten West start to shift around. 

3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is it me or does he appear to look way  better playing OT vs DE?

I think he looks pretty solid at both.  I do remember Frost specifically mentioning the Loudermilk kid from Wisconsin and saying he was so impressed with how big that kid was.  Recruiting Robinson and Banks would be getting 2 guys that are built like him in one class.  Loudermilk was 6'7 275 coming out of HS.  I think they really value his size, length, and athleticism at DE.  Probably not quite the Athlete they want at OT.  Those guys they are looking for are leaner and quicker guys that they will put pounds on, like Anderson and Fritzke (sp?).

On December 1, 2018 at 1:34 PM, spurs1990 said:

Seems like his ceiling would be around Stoltenberg's on defense. That's not a terrible thing, especially if he's not forced into the nose position like Mick. 

I think that's pretty fair, though to get where we want to go we need much better players. Mick's leadership and how he represented the university are to be highly commended. He's played a vital part in transitioning this program off the field, and that contribution will be felt after he's gone. His on the field performance just never materialized.

What worries me in Banks video is when he does make a play he doesn't really make a play. He'll shed a block, make a tackle, but the runner still gets 5 yards. There is very little impact to his play. There are a number of guys in our class, along both lines, where I wouldn't say that, so he ranks quite a bit below others for me.

8 hours ago, brophog said:

I think that's pretty fair, though to get where we want to go we need much better players. Mick's leadership and how he represented the university are to be highly commended. He's played a vital part in transitioning this program off the field, and that contribution will be felt after he's gone. His on the field performance just never materialized.

What worries me in Banks video is when he does make a play he doesn't really make a play. He'll shed a block, make a tackle, but the runner still gets 5 yards. There is very little impact to his play. There are a number of guys in our class, along both lines, where I wouldn't say that, so he ranks quite a bit below others for me.

This kid is a man in HS, can't wait to see what happens in a year or 2 in our weight program.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Brant Banks [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic