*** Official Ohio State Game Thread ***

Mavric

Who will ever know what the cancelled game did to this team.  I think we win that one and we would have won Colorado.  WIth those two wins, this team would have been rolling.  It seems like the team, staff and whole state has been pressing since the Akron cancellation.  I think the team and staff is finally settled into this all together.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I really think its down to personnel now. Outside of special teams i think the coaches are getting the as much as they can out of this roster. 

Its all going to come down to recruiting. Need linemen on both sides of the ball, pass rushers and play makers to replace morgan and spielman.

I totally agree. People can agree or disagree about some of the decisions, but most of them stem from trying to scheme around deficiencies. There are many areas of need, but where Ohio St was better today was in man coverage and getting a pass rush. That gave our offense troubles when we had to pass, and conversely that's been a big area of weakness for our defense all year.

• Plus1 1

Maybe we can beat Iowa now. A month ago I thought that was a total pipe dream, but now I believe it.

I'd love nothing more than to play our best game of the season at the end and completely ruin theirs. And shut their fans up.

Let's go loot the beer fridge and then run it over with a bulldozer.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Who will ever know what the cancelled game did to this team.  I think we win that one and we would have won Colorado.  WIth those two wins, this team would have been rolling.  It seems like the team, staff and whole state has been pressing since the Akron cancellation.  I think the team and staff is finally settled into this all together.

I agree with this and have been saying it as well.  But oh well, it is what it is

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

I really think its down to personnel now. Outside of special teams i think the coaches are getting the as much as they can out of this roster. 

Its all going to come down to recruiting. Need linemen on both sides of the ball, pass rushers and play makers to replace morgan and spielman.

I think the kids are still learning. Look at the difference in Milton late in year one versus year two. Martinez will get much better, and the rest of the team will as well. Another year of strength and conditioning along with 30 new players, and I will be shocked if we don't finish 1 or 2 in the west next year.

1 hour ago, CheeseHusker said:

Maybe we can beat Iowa now. A month ago I thought that was a total pipe dream, but now I believe it.

I'd love nothing more than to play our best game of the season at the end and completely ruin theirs. And shut their fans up.

Let's go loot the beer fridge and then run it over with a bulldozer.

I hate Iowa. That would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

All week long, the commercials for this game were about Ohio State and Haskins looking to get back on track against us. A lot to be proud of. Ohio State has issues but we’ve been the team that lets teams get back on track the last couple years. Not this time. Dropped passes and mistakes suck but I can’t be too mad.

Think about that.  NU opened some eyes today for sure.  OSU was a play or 2 from losing.........

44 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Haskins is not a great quarterback. That's the difference. He's good ,not great.

The difference with Haskins is that he's not a good runner at all, and that changes Ohio State's offense.  He was actually playing pretty well until Domann lit him up in the 2nd quarter.  His accuracy was much worse after that play.  I think Haskins is a borderline great passer otherwise.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The difference with Haskins is that he's not a good runner at all, and that changes Ohio State's offense.  He was actually playing pretty well until Domann lit him up in the 2nd quarter.  His accuracy was much worse after that play.  I think Haskins is a borderline great passer otherwise.

His numbers speak for themselves. 70% comp % for his career this far and will probably smash OSU passing records. If he’s not a great passer now he’s close and it’s a matter of time