Maurice Washington Faces Charges

12 minutes ago, dubsker said:

Huskerboard has moved on from being a meeting point for Division 1 football coaches, to an open forum for licensed mental health practicioners.  Is there anything we can't do?

Well, staying sober during a game is probably really hard.  So there's one thing.

I don't expect them to do anything I can't do.:lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of good comments here on losing a parent. I think the reason it bothers me that it's constantly being brought up in this topic is I'm not sure if the people posting know that it's actually the problem with Washington. Maybe it is. But it's almost gotten to the point that it seems like a stigma. And I guess as someone who had a parent die at a young age I don't like the idea that people might feel the same way about me if I f#&% up (although at this point I'm getting old, so I guess I mean that's how they might have felt if I f#&%ed up at 18).

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm amused that so many poster said some version of "innocent until proven guilty" and Frost shouldn't punish Mo until the court case was resolved, but everyone is fine with Mo getting punished now even though he still hasn't been proven guilty.

Pretty sure he isn't being punished for things involved in the court case.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

But he is being punished without a court of law pronouncing him guilty. It's like Frost and the university could have punished him all along and the court ruling doesn't actually affect that.

You are taking one argument and applying it to a totally different situation. 

That doesn't show anyone being inconsistent.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 4
55 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm amused that so many poster said some version of "innocent until proven guilty" and Frost shouldn't punish Mo until the court case was resolved, but everyone is fine with Mo getting punished now even though he still hasn't been proven guilty.

How do you know what he's currently being punished for? If it's skipping meetings, skipping class, failing UAs and/or insubordination, you think Frost doesn't know the truth of those matters?

50 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

But he is being punished without a court of law pronouncing him guilty. It's like Frost and the university could have punished him all along and the court ruling doesn't actually affect that.

You want him arrested and prosecuted under law for missing meetings and various other things that violate team rules?  You and Mo have something in common :smokin

• Haha 2
On 10/26/2019 at 9:49 PM, knapplc said:

How do you know what he's currently being punished for? If it's skipping meetings, skipping class, failing UAs and/or insubordination, you think Frost doesn't know the truth of those matters?

I don't, but many times in this thread I've said that Frost and the university could punish Mo without a decision by the court, and I've gotten lots of pushback. 

On 10/26/2019 at 9:51 PM, 4skers89 said:

You want him arrested and prosecuted under law for missing meetings and various other things that violate team rules?  You and Mo have something in common :smokin

Swing and a miss.

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't, but many times in this thread I've said that Frost and the university could punish Mo without a decision by the court, and I've gotten lots of pushback. 

At least now we know that it is not about Frost being unwilling to punish him, he obviously is willing to put a team on the field without Mo. That leads me to believe, as I have all along, the legal advice NU is getting from all over is that the charges do not look to merit an indefinite suspension for the kid. There are things, however, that must warrant that, including being an entitled teammate with a bad attitude. Goes more to validate Scott as a coach with a backbone than undermine him in that, imo. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 10:50 PM, RedDenver said:

A more accurate representation of the argument would be that Frost doesn't have to punish Mo before the court case is resolved, but could and should if it was appropriate and warranted in regards to being on the football team. 

He is being punished for something that is affecting the team. I don't know how you twisted this into some sort of false dichotomy equivalency thing.

• Plus1 7
7 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Well on the bright side no one can accuse us of playing him to win games because we didn’t win many. 

Any updates on Mo? 

Frost said that any further decision on Mo will be made after the season, so don’t expect Mo back on the team for 2019. I think Mo has a lot to do to earn his way back on the team for the future, and that’s without his legal situation being resolved. 

28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost said that any further decision on Mo will be made after the season, so don’t expect Mo back on the team for 2019. I think Mo has a lot to do to earn his way back on the team for the future, and that’s without his legal situation being resolved. 

Hopefully he works on those things and also works on gaining good weight. We need him to beef up to play in this league