Maurice Washington Faces Charges

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This whole thing on his part is ridiculous. You have legal problems in California. I imagine it doesnt help his character image when he is getting in trouble at his college. 

This kid does not have a father, leaves home & gets charged with a felony.  There is a lot of pressure to perform in the classroom & on the field.  He has very little support staff that he trusts.  He is young & stupid.  I do not condone his actions, but maybe he needs to hit rock bottom before realizing what he might be throwing away.  

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
On 10/22/2019 at 10:02 AM, BIG ERN said:

You take chances on kids. Some work, some don't. Mills learned and has matured. Mo hasn't gotten to that point yet and idk if he will

May take a change of scenery and some time at a Juco before Mo gets to that point. 

Hoping that he figures it out sooner...but these are kids we're talking about here, one of which looking at a very serious legal issue. Logic isn't their specialty in these situations...which is why you have to do what you can, leave the door open, and hope for the best.

Personally, of course watching from afar, he has become more of a problem than he is a benefit.  Other kids are losing out on coaching time, because of his supposed antics.

I am really tired of hearing how he has never had any guidance.  Most coaches that I have met are truly into kids and want to help them.  Of course there are those that are only about the win, but hopefully those are the minority.

I would like to see him return if Coach Frost thinks he has done what is needed to get back.  But if not, get the hell out.  We need a team, the team needs to be first.

I just hope wherever he ends up it's somewhere with structure and guidance for his sake whether it's NU, JUCO or somewhere else. I'm less worried about him as a football player and more worried about him as a person. If he ends up out on his own there's a good chance the trouble he's in will only continue to grow. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Deangelo Evans was the next great superstar 20 yrs ago. 

For reasons different than Washington he ended up of all places at Emporia State and I played against him my senior year. He was nothing special. He had lost weight, lost a step of speed, wasn’t really that tough, and you could tell he was just going through the motions; even on tape. 

If Washington doesn’t figure it out here, chances are he’ll get unmotivated, drop what muscle he does have, not be studying film, feel sorry for himself,  get worse friends, etc etc.  I hope he has a path back to the Huskers and I hope it’s a tough path. But don’t kid yourself, if he doesn’t make it here he isn’t making it anywhere. And I mean just finishing school and being productive in his 20s, let alone some kind of football star. 

I hope he he makes it back and proves what his ability has shown. 

• Plus1 2

@I am I Not everyone winds up like that, though. I mean, let's not forget that Washington's replacement as the starter is a guy who was kicked off the team following repeated rules violations and suspensions at Georgia Tech, and so far I haven't heard of any issues with him...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

A Div 1 coach's emotional and personal commitment to a troubled young man is directly proportional to the kid's Ave. YPC.  Exceed 5.1 and we are willing to guide you through the challenges of life and help you overcome a disadvantaged childhood, current criminal charges, addiction and dependency.  

Now if we also have a trouble free kid who can do the same, then its " here's the door fellow, and an application for McDonalds.  

• Plus1 1