What did we learn? (The Rocky Mountain Low Edition)

Frost lost us that game. He squandered an amazing opportunity to put it away in the 3rd, and he completely botched his end of the game management. That game should've been something along the lines of 34-10 if it wasn't for Frost's coaching. That was ugly and frustrating as hell and, weird, even now with a new coach and all this hype, our program is still snakebit the exact same way it has been since 2001.

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

1. When you can't run between the tackles effectively AT ALL, it makes it hard to be efficient on offense, no matter how good your skill players and QB are. 

2. Defense got burned some in the 2nd half, but i blame the offense. 2nd week in a row the D gets left out there and gets worn down

3. I miss Devine Ozigbo

not sure devine could even run with this O-Line

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Frost lost us that game. He squandered an amazing opportunity to put it away in the 3rd, and he completely botched his end of the game management. That game should've been something along the lines of 34-10 if it wasn't for Frost's coaching. That was ugly and frustrating as hell and, weird, even now with a new coach and all this hype, our program is still snakebit the exact same way it has been since 2001.

It really does feel hopeless. I can’t express the befuddlement I felt in that second half

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, what was your prediction before the season?  Most of these 9-3,10-2 and National Championship folks will probably dial it  down by a half game or so now ... BRILLIANT!

I believed the hype, i thought we would be headed to indy.  Seeing Iowa blow out there last two opponents and look at us struggle theres no way, thats a pipe dream now.

9 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Its a talent issue, and its been a talent issue since Dr. Tom left 22 years ago.  We have hired and fired enough coaches for bad coaching, but its actually been because we lack talent.  Its still a talent issue today.  We don't have a Laviska Shenault or a Steven Montez or there other Wide Receiver who ate us up today.   Keep blaming the coaches each and every season we suck, and it is there fault, but its more for lack of recruiting than lack of x and o.  

Like I said, give this staff and Frost another season of recruiting and lifting, and we will have a solid team.  This season if far from being over, but this is not a Big Ten West division contender yet.  

Not to be that guy but we are in the top 25 on spending for recruiting I think 5th or 15th... Can't remember which number. Granted its hard to talk kids into moving away from there families on a promise we might get good to a winter hellscape for these warm weather kids.

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I believed the hype, i thought we would be headed to indy.  Seeing Iowa blow out there last two opponents and look at us struggle theres no way, thats a pipe dream now.

Everyone seems to believe it every year. How do people not learn? I get more frustrated with fans than I ever do with the team. Unrealistic expectations, ungrateful attitudes and unrealistic hype are all so obvious but unavoidable. Twitter is full of people already calling for Frost's job and calling for Luke McCaffrey to start. We're all f#&%ing idiots and I feel like a damn fool for actually getting optimistic about this team. Again.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

From the opening drive of the 2nd half and that timeout, I knew we were going to have problems. Offense wet the bed in the 2nd half multiple times. I'm starting to question some of the hires on Frost's offensive staff at this point. I think the defense held their own for almost 3 quarters but the offense didn't help them at all. Frost and the offense lost this one, IMO.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Everyone seems to believe it every year. How do people not learn? I get more frustrated with fans than I ever do with the team. Unrealistic expectations, ungrateful attitudes and unrealistic hype are all so obvious but unavoidable. Twitter is full of people already calling for Frost's job and calling for Luke McCaffrey to start. We're all f#&%ing idiots and I feel like a damn fool for actually getting optimistic about this team. Again.

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. Like Frost said, we used to be the Taj Mahal of CFB. It's gonna take time...

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  The offense puts up 31 points and  469 yards.  

But everything about it sucks.

I won't lie, i put this loss 90% on the offense. They needed to come out in the 2nd half and step on CU's throat and couldn't... defense held up for a while but i thought they got tired because they were on the field so much. 

• Plus1 1

This is a long/medium term rebuild. I think a lot of fans including myself were whistling past the graveyard when it came to talent. No player was drafted after last season. Frost isn't off the hook but this thing isn't going to happen as fast as I'd hoped. Until it starts to click there's going to be a lot of grin and bearing it. 

Still a big believer in Frost but it's about improvement and getting to a bowl game this year imo.

1 minute ago, twofittyonred said:

A for effort in the first and half of the second quarters but you could see them wearing out.  When Colorado came out the second half running D-Line stunts..... It fell apart...  We will not do much until that room is fixed..!

Yeah, DL stunts and delayed pressure from the secondary really changed things.....you’d almost think our DC might have noticed the difference it made and tried some himself. 

• Plus1 1