Burrow let us discuss

KazLong

On 11/10/2019 at 11:24 PM, KazLong said:

So what year does A-Mart win his heisman? This is a failure by all three last coaches. I do not say that lightly as I am a Bo fan. This is a guy we could of gotten.

Fan of bo=beaten women syndrome=glutton for punishment

btw it’s incredibly simplified to put this blame on all three coaches,  this falls squarely on bos circus.  His was the staff that decided not to offer a 4star, mr Ohio, legacy player out of HS, MR tried to save it but couldn’t....by that time not his fault.  Frost had two very capable qbs committted with needs at other areas and burrow would have likely wanted assurances of starting, something that wasn’t going to happen sight unseen.

So since we're discussing what could have been...anyone want to take on the hot sports opinion that Callahan would most likely *still* be our coach if he would have had the cojones to fire his DC Cosgrove and replace him with someone competent?

Seriously--the offense was on point. That defense though...Jesus TFing Christ, what a mess. 

50 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

LSU sat down with Burrow and asked to build the offense around his talents, (I caught this at some point during the game this past weekend).  I'm not sure our staff would modify what they do to fit a certain QB.  Of course no mod may have been needed to fit what Burrow can do.  

I think the staff has done a good job of bringing in certain QB's to fit the offense, but with all of the QB's that have played so far, I think Frost has done a good job with play calling to the strengths of the QB.  I saw this most with McCaffrey during the Indiana game.  Frost leaned heavily on the QB run game and screen passes, which Luke excels in,.

6 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

So since we're discussing what could have been...anyone want to take on the hot sports opinion that Callahan would most likely *still* be our coach if he would have had the cojones to fire his DC Cosgrove and replace him with someone competent?

Seriously--the offense was on point. That defense though...Jesus TFing Christ, what a mess. 

Cally brought in talent.  Like you said that D.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad Joe has had the success he's had.  He's worked hard, persevered, lead a team to a successful year (possibly a national championship) and deserves all the accolades.  This mentality is exactly what we are looking for in each and every one of our players.  I also understand Frost's decision, as he is looking for a QB to run his system, and believed he already had the guys to do it.  Clearly, our program (and QBs) have a lot of work ahead of us.  If Joe feels slighted and wants to throw it back in our face, he has every right to do so.  Wish him nothing but the best.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Skeeball said:

I'm glad Joe has had the success he's had.  He's worked hard, persevered, lead a team to a successful year (possibly a national championship) and deserves all the accolades.  This mentality is exactly what we are looking for in each and every one of our players.  I also understand Frost's decision, as he is looking for a QB to run his system, and believed he already had the guys to do it.  Clearly, our program (and QBs) have a lot of work ahead of us.  If Joe feels slighted and wants to throw it back in our face, he has every right to do so.  Wish him nothing but the best.

Joe would have a beef with pelini and his circus staff and nobody else...hell mike Riley tried to salvage bos screw job when he came in but burrow was solid osu.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, VectorVictor said:

Our 2005 and 2006 defenses were pretty good. 2005 we had the 12th best defense per s&p+ and led the nation in sacks. 2006 we had the 30th ranked, but we held #5 Texas, #10 Oklahoma and #10 Auburn to 22, 21 and 14 points respectively. So, the two best seasons we had under Cally, we had a pretty capable defense. Capable enough even to win some sort of championship. 

Except that "on point" offense in 2006 could only get 10 against USC, 20 against Texas with a halfback pass, 7 against Oklahoma and 14 against Auburn. Was there another season Callahan had with a good offense?

• Plus1 2