The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As long as we’re kicking out the smokers, drinkers, and fat asses too then by all means.  

Those things arent affecting other people. Being fat cant kill others, unless youre the revolting blob and sit on someones face. Being a smoker cant kill others. Being a drinker cant kill others, unless you drink and drive, which we have laws against. The only reason were still in this pandemic is because of unvaccinated people. We have an out. This should be over, but its not. Unvaccinated and anti-vax people are putting hospital staff at risk and immunocompromised at risk because of their stupidity/selfishness. My empathy for them is gone. They made their choice. They shouldnt be allowed to put hospital workers at risk, they shouldnt get a bed. Let nature take its course. I hope they live and learn a lesson, but they think their immune system can handle it, so let it at home. 

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Those things arent affecting other people. Being fat cant kill others, unless youre the revolting blob and sit on someones face. Being a smoker cant kill others. Being a drinker cant kill others, unless you drink and drive, which we have laws against. The only reason were still in this pandemic is because of unvaccinated people. We have an out. This should be over, but its not. Unvaccinated and anti-vax people are putting hospital staff at risk and immunocompromised at risk because of their stupidity/selfishness. My empathy for them is gone. They made their choice. They shouldnt be allowed to put hospital workers at risk, they shouldnt get a bed. Let nature take its course. I hope they live and learn a lesson, but they think their immune system can handle it, so let it at home. 

image.gif.2654a6526e1a8c18acb38d5d2058e043.gif

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

And that goes double for the people who have gone out of their way trying to convince others that mitigation efforts (masks, vaxxing, distancing, testing) were/are not needed. That sh#t should be at the top of their resume and they should be the first ones denied or kicked out of a hospital spot. I’m with ya Frott, make them responsible for the crap they spew.

• Plus1 3

Politicians who claim they are concerned about COVID clearly are not. Was everyone in the room tested and/or vaccinated?

Honestly I am fine with her having fun at a wedding as long as she doesn't expect me to listen to her when she tells me I can't.

image.png.e1501d36386141a51fcfc19846305f7d.png

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

On top of that, if you're fat they make you prove you can eat properly before a gastric surgery. If you drink your liver away, they make you stop drinking for months before a liver transplant. If you smoke, you must be nicotine free for months before a lung transplant. Makes sense if you want a precious resource like a vent or ICU bed for COVID, the first considered would be the ones to do the bare minimum to prevent the very thing they are being treated for. You wouldn't give bypass to someone who didn't diet over one that did. You wouldn't give a lung to a person still smoking over someone who quit months prior. You wouldn't give a liver to someone still drinking over someone who quit months ago. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

:steam :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

This is ridiculous and nonsensical. I get that hypocritical politicians and mixed messages cause frustration, but a person can still make reasonable decisions based on their own research. Seeing people wear masks in cars or out on a walk with their spouse made zero sense to me, but so does making mask mandates illegal. If I was in Florida and wanted my employees and customers to wear masks that is my choice for my business. Likewise if some county health department wants me to wear a mask outside while running I am going to blow that off in a heartbeat. We should know enough now to react to this next spike appropriately without going overboard in either direction. I wish politicians had common sense.