***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

7 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Just had a thought that I've co opted from the Internet.

IMO the reason that Trump did better than expected in some areas is down to two things:

1. We're at the point with COVID that people are sick of hearing about it and just want to keep their normal lives going. So while Trump has completely bungled the response, we're passed the initial "freaking out" phase and the public absolutely knows that there won't be another lockdown with Trump. So they voted for him.

2. The other big story, George Floyd and the protests after, allowed Trump to play himself as a law and order President. Someone who will back the police, because they protect the normal people. While the Democrat messaging optics was Police Reform, Police Defunding, etc... One of the Eastman attack ads was basically saying Democrats will allow violent protesters out of prison for no reason other than that they're protesting.

Bottom line, though, is that there is a lot of misinformation presented as fact on the Internet.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. 

Coronavirus was supposed to be Trump's undoing and Biden's ace, but I think it started to flip in the fall when people just wanted good news and Biden opted to warn them about the long winter ahead.  Trump supporters had already treated Dr. Fauci like a Democrat conspirator, and Don came out of his own COVID case stronger than ever. Covid is full of mixed messages and nobody in America likes mixed messages. 

And yeah, while I was sharing the outrage of the George Floyd killing and considered the street protests utterly justified, I could see the optics playing right into Republican hands. That's how Nixon won in 1968, even though most of America had turned against Vietnam. 

Hard to tell how much the late-breaking ploy to create a Biden Crime Family narrative worked, but it was all I was hearing from Trump supporters over the last month. 

Even if Biden wins, Trump's campaign was hugely successful in ways the pundits and pollsters failed to predict. I don't understand America at this particular moment. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Coronavirus was supposed to be Trump's undoing and Biden's ace, but I think it started to flip in the fall when people just wanted good news and Biden opted to warn them about the long winter ahead.  Trump supporters had already treated Dr. Fauci like a Democrat conspirator, and Don came out of his own COVID case stronger than ever. Covid is full of mixed messages and nobody in America likes mixed messages. 

And yeah, while I was sharing the outrage of the George Floyd killing and considered the street protests utterly justified, I could see the optics playing right into Republican hands. That's how Nixon won in 1968, even though most of America had turned against Vietnam. 

Hard to tell how much the late-breaking ploy to create a Biden Crime Family narrative worked, but it was all I was hearing from Trump supporters over the last month. 

Even if Biden wins, Trump's campaign was hugely successful in ways the pundits and pollsters failed to predict. I don't understand America at this particular moment. 

At some point yesterday I was reading an article that Trump is the first U.S. presidential candidate to go all in on a base strategy. No one else has done it before. It's a tactic that seems to have worked well for him, but it's terrible for the country.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fox News and conservative media explains America at the moment. They have been fed nothing but sunshine about Trump while Biden was painted with Trump's deficiencies. 

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just see it as an indictment on the individual (s).

I'm pretty consistent on personal accountability (if some of you remember our discussions around the black community).

Did Bill Callahan get s#!tcanned in 2007 because the individual(s) on that team sucked? Or Bo?

No, They got fired because leadership matters.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They're getting even more desperate by the second.

And to think I use to listen to Levin:facepalm:  This is a dangerous moment.  If the GOP legislature in PA for example over rides a Biden victory and if the same occurs in the other contested states, we will have riots like we've never seen before.