***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And to think I use to listen to Levin:facepalm:  This is a dangerous moment.  If the GOP legislature in PA for example over rides a Biden victory and if the same occurs in the other contested states, we will have riots like we've never seen before.

I remember this talk with Hilary too. Difference is Hilary lost with class, Trump on the other hand will actually pursue any path to victory, even if it undermines American's actual votes.  

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And to think I use to listen to Levin:facepalm:  This is a dangerous moment.  If the GOP legislature in PA for example over rides a Biden victory and if the same occurs in the other contested states, we will have riots like we've never seen before.

If the government tries to blatantly overthrow democracy, we'll have civil war. But I doubt it'll come to that, as even this lopsided SCOTUS will rule against that IMO.

7 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I'm sure everyone knows, but if the counting just full stopped everywhere right this second and the totals were certified, Biden would win 270-268.

Yep, stopping the count now is not in Trump's best interest, but neither is continuing the count. His objective now is (and has always been) to sow chaos.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Looks like Trump may win NC, Georgia, and Penn.... So Biden has to win Nevada, correct?

Biden is at 253 EC count, so he needs 17 more to win.

Trump very likely to win Alaska (3), so Trump basically has to win every remaining state except Nevada (6) and Wisconsin (10). Biden wins with any other combination since all the other states have more than 10 EC.

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Looks like Trump may win NC, Georgia, and Penn.... So Biden has to win Nevada, correct?

If Biden can hold onto his edge in Nevada (and Arizona, which some outlets have already declared for Biden) then it's all over.

Last Pennsylvania update I saw was that there were 1.5 million votes to count from an area that was trending at a 77% Biden favor, and IF that continued on or around that percentage, he would end up winning the state.

27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Biden currently has a slightly better chance than Trump of winning Georgia and Pennsylvania, and a much better chance than Trump of winning Nevada. I would give Trump the best chance of winning Arizona out of the 4. 

Guess you didn't mention AZ but NC. NC is pretty much in the bag for Trump.

• Plus1 2

So is Joe Biden our national Mike Riley:dunno   That is my take from this article.  Nebraska got rid of the outrageous, overbearing   Bo for milquetoast Riley.  Now the USA is about to get rid of the outrageous, overbearing Trump and replace him with .milquetoast Biden.   The article states that the election is a repudiation of Trump more than a surge of enthusiasm for Biden.  This is also seen in how the GOP has retained the Senate and improved its standing in the House. The record turnout is a record turnout against Trump plain and simple.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/john-podhoretz/the-repudiation/

A couple of quotes from the article:

And yet, it’s true. What we just witnessed the most thoroughgoing repudiation of any national politician in the modern era save, perhaps, Jimmy Carter. Let me explain how and why.

Joe Biden is on track to receive more than 80 million votes—nearly 20 percent higher than Barack Obama’s previous record in 2008. Hillary Clinton received 66 million votes in 2016. Biden may best her total by close to 30 percent. Clinton won 20 states in 2016. Obama won 24 states in 2012. Biden may end up winning 25 states.

Biden did this while presiding over the least energetic and most idea-free campaign in modern history. As far as his positive agenda for America goes, we should all wear masks and listen to the science. And since the public seems to have seen fit to deny Biden a Democratic Senate, he won’t be able even to rubber-stamp liberal or leftist policy items that are put on the Resolute Desk for him to sign.

There’s little or no enthusiasm for the man, and there shouldn’t be. He didn’t encourage any. In the primaries, Biden ran as the milquetoast; the most inoffensive major candidate. And he didn’t change much in the general, which is the point. His goal was to be… nothing. A flat surface.

He just wasn’t Donald Trump—and that proved to be enough to generate 80-plus million votes.

Trump enhanced their cause. It couldn’t have survived and thrived without being constantly fed by Trump. He made the best case against himself anyone could ever have made, which is what Biden’s apparent victory demonstrates. That, and the fact that, with the exception of Cory Gardner in Colorado, elected Senate Republicans thought to be doomed or nearly doomed all survived—Susan Collins, Thom Tillis, Joni Ernst, Lindsey Graham, Steve Daines, and probably Alaska’s Dan Sullivan. (Martha McSally and Kelly Loeffler were both appointed to their seats.)

The fact that Washington Republicans weren’t ditched, combined with Biden’s colorlessness and lack of an agenda, means that the astonishing turnout among Democrats and independents was driven by one overwhelming objective: To drive Donald Trump from office. And that, it seems, is the only clear message of the 2020 election.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

In no universe is Trump going to win PA. There are 500k outstanding votes, 80% of which are going to Biden. 

As far as Democrats, they simply have many obstacles in their way to win the Senate. Frankly, they need to change their message, as wokeness cost them. But the geographic reality of the country probably makes it extremely difficult to win the Senate.