Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

Fleming has nobody to blame but himself for why he hasn't had a better season. Went back to Miami while teammates stayed on campus in the summer and early fall, he spends all of his time on Instagram and even does it before a game. 

I'd say Fleming loves himself his IG than football. If he wanted to be a start freshman he would have been on campus getting reps with the QB's and working out and learning the plays and working at blocking. 

Brown, the kid from Texas that has a knee injury, and Betts will be the freshman WR's that have great careers at Nebraska. I'd say if the staff hits on those 3 and Fleming washes out at some direction school in Florida then it worked out for the better. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Exactly.

Husker fans: "You have to let the talent play!!!"

Also Husker fans: "How can Frost not have his culture installed by year three?"

So, you’re saying our issue is... too much talent? We can’t build a lasting culture because of the talent on the roster?

It's a problem but it should surprise absolutely nobody that a team, any team, struggling as hard as we are to win games is going to have a contingent of disgruntled players who are unhappy because they aren't getting more reps. Anybody that has coached knows this is how it works. The losing is their opening to thinking and claiming they are somehow not getting their due. Winning cures it and losing makes it worse.

The losing is a problem but if it leads to 2 or 10-12 players doing crap that's not conducive a team environment, then buh bye. The worst thing imo is that it may indicate they aren't recruiting the right mentality. And if that mentality just doesn't exist in kids this age anymore, I really DGAF. The transfer portal signaled the death of collegiate sports as we knew and loved it. Turned CFB into a pseudo revolving door pro league and that's not what I signed up to be a fan of.

• Plus1 4
34 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Interesting take. Kids are different now. It is a “play me now” mentality. We aren’t the only ones dealing with the transfer portal. College football has changed as a whole. 

So why aren’t our peers and lesser talented teams having this same problem? Heck, ferentz and his staff got accused of being racists yet they have a better record. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Toe said:

Delancy was a mid-3* guy. Fleming, though, was a solid 4*. Losing him -  at a position where we need a lot of help - hurts a lot more (assuming he's gone, which seems like a fairly safe bet at this point).

It's definitely a problem when you recruit a guy to be a star receiver, then run a wildcat offense that reminds you of flag football. That's on Frost plus the brilliant sports writers, YouTube pundits, and message board experts. 
If that's what happened then they need to get back to recruiting and back up their bulls#!t this time.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, thatguy said:

So why aren’t our peers and lesser talented teams having this same problem? Heck, ferentz and his staff got accused of being racists yet they have a better record. 

They are getting hurt from it. But it's for those coming, not currently there. They have lost two kids in the currently class, an easy Iowa commit to be had from an in-state LB is going to commit to Iowa State instead, and they are not in the top lists for two local guys that everyone said were slam dunks to commit to Iowa (2022 class). 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thatguy said:

Our peers are having that issue with transfers happening. Iowa has lost four guys in the past month alone. A comment on one of the stories was a complaint how at the first sign of adversity in playing time, many of their Florida-area players bolt for a different school. Could be homesickness for some cases but more than likely, it's a difference of expectations. 

For us, I think many of our Florida issues revolve specifically around the Miami area recruits. I believe many of them thought they could walk in and outshine some of the older players. I think the Florida transfers have the talent to be good here but if they aren't willing to wait and work towards being the best, it is hard to justify playing time. Guys like Scott & Clark were quietly putting in the work and earned PT because of that work ethic. Lynum is doing that too as a special teamer. Those guys have came in less heralded but are getting more use within the system. Doesn't help that the secondary was one of our more loaded areas with upperclassmen. The Florida freshmen would have likely benefited by having some patience as three of the starting secondary guys are likely graduating/moving on after this season. I really hoped Greene would've stayed as I thought he had a lot of promise and likely would have helped with other Florida players stick it out together. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Mastershake said:

Ive seen some smoke that both Fleming and Delancey were missing class and not being good teammates on social media.  Not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not confirming what I saw is true, but if that is true, you can’t let guys who break the rules on the field, otherwise they run the team, not Frost.

I wonder who Frost might have been referring to?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Our peers are having that issue with transfers happening. Iowa has lost four guys in the past month alone. A comment on one of the stories was a complaint how at the first sign of adversity in playing time, many of their Florida-area players bolt for a different school. Could be homesickness for some cases but more than likely, it's a difference of expectations. 

For us, I think many of our Florida issues revolve specifically around the Miami area recruits. I believe many of them thought they could walk in and outshine some of the older players. I think the Florida transfers have the talent to be good here but if they aren't willing to wait and work towards being the best, it is hard to justify playing time. Guys like Scott & Clark were quietly putting in the work and earned PT because of that work ethic. Lynum is doing that too as a special teamer. Those guys have came in less heralded but are getting more use within the system. Doesn't help that the secondary was one of our more loaded areas with upperclassmen. The Florida freshmen would have likely benefited by having some patience as three of the starting secondary guys are likely graduating/moving on after this season. I really hoped Greene would've stayed as I thought he had a lot of promise and likely would have helped with other Florida players stick it out together. 

and yet, they are able to win in spite of those issues. you can't say on one hand say that kids being different today is part of the reason why Nebraska can't hold on to talent or build a successful culture, then on the other, say these same different kids would be nice to have in the program while they help other teams win.

at some point, we have to stop making excuses for poor coaching.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Culture is culture. You can't wait to only develope it when you are winning. The hope and plan is that the right culture will help you win games. However, the inmates don't get to run the asylum at any point. You don't make exceptions to your culture to appease young guys with lots of stars behind their name. It doesn't work that way. Anybody that's not onboard with that... don't let the door hit ya in the a$$.

Question- everyone have a pass to Frost for the 18 class falling apart because it was a transition. 19 has held together. 20 is a mess. What’s the deal? Missed on character Evals?