New Offensive Coordinator options?

19 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Robert Anae for OC anyone? 

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd be on board with Anae coming for both the OC and OL roles; it'd free up a spot for a ST coordinator (as long as Frost takes QBs), and Virginia's offense was ridiculously good this year comparative to the talent level they have (and against the SOS they played).

Yeah, Anae could be a good hire.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because I don't believe he was on the list since Trev and Frost probably didn't have inside knowledge Bronco was going to step down a month later.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bad in the sense that our plans fell through and we had to settle for a less than desirable candidate.   

102 in the nation rushing?  Hard pass.

Anae probably knew and could have reached out. You're making a lot of assumptions here to try to draw a negative conclusion. We don't even know if he's going to be the OC.

Had the #24 scoring offense this season at 34.6 ppg:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

Yeah, Anae could be a good hire.

Anae probably knew and could have reached out. You're making a lot of assumptions here to try to draw a negative conclusion. We don't even know if he's going to be the OC.

Had the #24 scoring offense this season at 34.6 ppg:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

I am cool with having a P5 OC that can take it to the house. 

With Mickey Joseph getting the Passing Game Coordinator title, it makes me feel like the OC is more likely to be from more of a run-heavy team. Brent Davis (Army) obviously comes to mind. Zak Hill from Arizona State is another name that's been kicked around a bit.

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

That would definitely be the "our first 7 options didn't work out" hire.

Which is looking more likely the longer this drags out.

I've heard Chad Morris mentioned as a backup plan...

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The feeling I can’t shake is this. The rationale for not having an OC announced yet is that he must still be involved in a meaningful game this weekend. So I’m left wondering why, other than possibly a boatload of money, would any coach from a winning program want to relocate to this dumpster fire. No, my hopes aren’t high. Yes, I’m expecting another “Mike Riley who” moment.

Agreed, and I'm thinking the trickiest part is that everybody and their mom knows Frost will get fired within 1-2 years if he doesn't turn it around.

So the only way this works for the program is to drum up a boatload of guaranteed money (comparatively to what we were paying the other four guys) to make it feel worth it for the new staff to come.

I can't imagine that Alberts would be telling these coaching prospects "Don't worry; we're going to cook this up so that everybody is guaranteed to be here 5+ years from now."

And if he is, I doubt anybody's dumb enough to see how naive that plan is. The ship is already basically sinking.

28 minutes ago, Toe said:

With Mickey Joseph getting the Passing Game Coordinator title, it makes me feel like the OC is more likely to be from more of a run-heavy team. Brent Davis (Army) obviously comes to mind. Zak Hill from Arizona State is another name that's been kicked around a bit (I said elsewhere I'd like to have their OL coach).

I've heard Chad Morris mentioned as a backup plan...

The problem with it being "Brent Davis" is that his game is TWO weekends away.

If he was the choice, I cannot imagine the announcement not having been made immediately with the caveat he's going to stay with Army to coach the game.

If that logic is sound, the OC and OL coaches' teams must be playing THIS weekend.....so announcements can be made on Sunday and recruiting can start on Monday.

Does that make sense?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think it will be Jeff Grimes as OC/OL

Broyles Award Finalist with Baylor (OC/TE)

1st year OC at Baylor - 8th in nation in rush yards pg, and 4th in nation rush yards per attempt (Baylor was awful the year before Aranda hired him)

3 years previously he was OC at BYU (Zack Wilson, amazing offense)

That's telling that can be successful with a running style or passing game.

Also,

20 years as OL coach (LSU, Auburn Natl Champs, BYU, etc..)

When he played in college, his OL coach was Andy Reid. 

He's an OL guy through and through, and a great OC.

Boost his pay from $500k to $1mil

https://baylorbears.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jeff-grimes/1662

Just a strong hunch.  But if I am right, I want cookies and koolaid!

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
Just now, admo said:

1st year OC at Baylor - 8th in nation in rush yards pg, and 4th in nation rush yards per attempt (Baylor was awful the year before Aranda hired him)

Also,

That would be "party-worthy".....  :cheers

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, admo said:

Also,

I will donate $25 to the charity of your choosing if it is him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
31 minutes ago, Undone said:

Agreed, and I'm thinking the trickiest part is that everybody and their mom knows Frost will get fired within 1-2 years if he doesn't turn it around.

So the only way this works for the program is to drum up a boatload of guaranteed money (comparatively to what we were paying the other four guys) to make it feel worth it for the new staff to come.

I can't imagine that Alberts would be telling these coaching prospects "Don't worry; we're going to cook this up so that everybody is guaranteed to be here 5+ years from now."

And if he is, I doubt anybody's dumb enough to see how naive that plan is. The ship is already basically sinking.

The incoming coaches, including Mickey Joseph, know that no college football job comes with long term guarantees for assistants.  None.

And if Joseph thought Nebraska was a "sinking ship", he would have went elsewhere 

He and Alberts were teammates.

And yes, there will be nice guaranteed money.  Frost took the one year million dollar pay cut to help make it happen 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The incoming coaches, including Mickey Joseph, know that no college football job comes with long term guarantees for assistants.  None.

And if Joseph thought Nebraska was a "sinking ship", he would have went elsewhere 

He and Alberts were teammates.

And yes, there will be nice guaranteed money.  Frost took the one year million dollar pay cut to help make it happen 

And, remember, he also dropped his buy out.  So, there's buyout money on the table too for more guarantee.

• Fire 1