What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The only former walk-ons on the 89 (by my eye) are Yant, Nouili, Hixon, Riemer, and Jackson.  All of those guys but one started at least one game this past season.  I don't see pulling a scholarship from guys who are starters.

Well s#!t, there goes that part of my theory. Attrition and processing it is! 

Players listed on the 89 that graduated last week

Damian Jackson - been here 5 years, if he comes back it'd be his 6th year

Eteva Mauga-Clements - best I can tell he played 3 years at Juco (used his redshirt there) and 2 years here, so he'd be coming back for his 6th year

Caleb Tannor - been here 4 years (no redshirt), announced coming back as a "super senior"

Chris Walker - been here 5 years, if he comes back it'd be for his 6th year

Tate Wildman - been here 4 years (including redshirt), technically has 2 left

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Players listed on the 89 that graduated last week

Damian Jackson - been here 5 years, if he comes back it'd be his 6th year

Eteva Mauga-Clements - best I can tell he played 3 years at Juco (used his redshirt there) and 2 years here, so he'd be coming back for his 6th year

Caleb Tannor - been here 4 years (no redshirt), announced coming back as a "super senior"

Chris Walker - been here 5 years, if he comes back it'd be for his 6th year

Tate Wildman - been here 4 years (including redshirt), technically has 2 left

It has been said, but for the NCAA to allow basically 5 classes of football players an extra year of eligibility but only to adjust the scholarship limits for 1 year was absolutely moronic... So about par for the course as far as the NCAA is concerned. It screws coaches who need to go recruit new players, and it also screws the fringe D1 guys who would usually end up getting a D1 offer but don't because there's less room for new scholarships across the country. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It has been said, but for the NCAA to allow basically 5 classes of football players an extra year of eligibility but only to adjust the scholarship limits for 1 year was absolutely moronic... So about par for the course as far as the NCAA is concerned. It screws coaches who need to go recruit new players, and it also screws the fringe D1 guys who would usually end up getting a D1 offer but don't because there's less room for new scholarships across the country. 

No matter how they do it, it’s going to screw some players. 

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Nadab Joseph is no longer listed on the 2022 Nebraska roster

Not shocking, never heard much about him after the initial "he's talented, excited to see what he can do" type of stuff. I have no inside info but curious about Tyreke Johnson - seemed to come in 3rd for the CB2 job, which I don't think was his plan coming in. But hopefully with a year in the system under his belt he can break through. 

43 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Not shocking, never heard much about him after the initial "he's talented, excited to see what he can do" type of stuff. I have no inside info but curious about Tyreke Johnson - seemed to come in 3rd for the CB2 job, which I don't think was his plan coming in. But hopefully with a year in the system under his belt he can break through. 

I've been wondering about Johnson all year.  I'm very surprised he hasn't been discussed more.  Hope he still is bought in and working hard to get on the field.  

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've been wondering about Johnson all year.  I'm very surprised he hasn't been discussed more.  Hope he still is bought in and working hard to get on the field.  

thought he had covid then had an injury?  I thought the rub on him leaving Ohio St was that he wasn't aggressive/kinda soft.  That could play a part as well as coach is looking for "dogs".