Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I don't think it should surprise anyone that someone will transfer out after they see where everyone stands during spring practices.

It seems like about 4 QBs capable of running the offense at a basic level is usually enough.  3 scholarships and a walk on or two maybe.  It’s tough when you replace 4 year starters, especially when the play 95% of the snaps.  You ask most backups to sit most of their careers.  Ideally a QB will be in the program a couple years to learn.  We’ve had TA then AM for 8 years mostly.  Lots of backups that never get a real shot to show their skills, especially with nothing but close, 4 qtr games predominantly.  We need some easy games but seem to make every game a battle until the end.  

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think our chances with the other final 5 are pretty good.

OU = has their QB

Indiana = Really?

Missouri = meh I guess they are in the SEC

Auburn = possibly maybe wants SEC

Auburn seems firmly in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Also a Mizzou writer said they were not in pursuit of Thompson. I like our chances too. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if Auburn really is recruiting him to sign (but really want Williams), what happens if he commits to them before Williams does?

I feel like they would wait out Williams before accepting a commit from Thompson. I've also seen multiple Auburn fans say they've heard nothing about the AU coaching staff going after Thompson. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I don't think it should surprise anyone that someone will transfer out after they see where everyone stands during spring practices.

I suspect that Smoothers would be the odd man out as Haarberg fits the mold better of our new OC/QB coach.  

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I suspect that Smoothers would be the odd man out as Haarberg fits the mold better of our new OC/QB coach.  

i think Smothers has been riding the pine here long enough. he should have gotten more time, especially with the way TM was struggling.

unless he wins the job this spring, i expect him to transfer.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think our chances with the other final 5 are pretty good.

OU = has their QB

Indiana = Really?

Missouri = meh I guess they are in the SEC

Auburn = possibly maybe wants SEC

Missouri would definitely be strange since they started their freshman QB in the bowl game over Bazelak who appears to have just committed to Indiana.