Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

Just now, funhusker said:

Guess he got some snaps in the Wisconsin game; don’t remember that…

Smothers came in at the end of the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game when Martinez injured his shoulder.  Everyone freaked out because that was his 5th game and it "burned his redshirt".  Smothers ended up having to start and play the entire game against Iowa so he appeared in 6 games in 2021.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Smothers came in at the end of the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game when Martinez injured his shoulder.  Everyone freaked out because that was his 5th game and it "burned his redshirt".  Smothers ended up having to start and play the entire game against Iowa so he appeared in 6 games in 2021.

I remember that now.  I think I even had a couple posts about how he didn’t “lose” his redshirt, it would still be an option.

I drink way too much during games :cheers

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I remember that now.  I think I even had a couple posts about how he didn’t “lose” his redshirt, it would still be an option.

I drink way too much during games :cheers

If it's a night game, I'm usually drinking heavily.  Early games I don't drink, and mid-afternoon games, it depends on how the game is going and what I am doing after the game.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The only thing wrong with Logan Smothers is he’s not the new guy.

I’m just giddy about the new guy… I bet he’s the greatest ever!

Just like he was fan favorite of many as the back up. No truer of statement than “the most popular guy on the team is the back up qb”. In this case, he is the incumbent and the new guys get the attention. But, it is apparently obvious that the staff doesn’t trust him because of possible inability to process offense or the arm strength debate. More than likely, it comes down to the new OC wanting a different style of athlete. But if they trusted in house guys, they wouldn’t be looking for young portal guy like Purdy when you have Smothers for 3, HH for 4 and Torres for 4-5.

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Just like he was fan favorite of many as the back up. No truer of statement than “the most popular guy on the team is the back up qb”. In this case, he is the incumbent and the new guys get the attention. But, it is apparently obvious that the staff doesn’t trust him because of possible inability to process offense or the arm strength debate. More than likely, it comes down to the new OC wanting a different style of athlete. But if they trusted in house guys, they wouldn’t be looking for young portal guy like Purdy when you have Smothers for 3, HH for 4 and Torres for 4-5.

Run the ball guy isn't going to be happy. No more option.

• Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, HANC said:

At this point they’re looking to save face.

Does Smothers lack arm strength? Don’t really know. I think Whipple is still looking for Joe Montana but can’t find him…. Or get him.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Plenty of fans still saying that he should get his chance and we don't need to be pursuing anyone else. If we don't land Thompson, they'll be more vocal than ever.

If there are plenty of fans saying that, please don't listen to them.  Casey has the skills to be among the top 5-10 QBs in the nation.  IMHO, 2nd in conference to Stroud. 

IF he commits to the Huskers, we will be very good this year.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, admo said:

If there are plenty of fans saying that, please don't listen to them.  Casey has the skills to be among the top 5-10 QBs in the nation.  IMHO, 2nd in conference to Stroud. 

IF he commits to the Huskers, we will be very good this year.

Having a couple on a Thursday night huh? :cheers

• Haha 1