***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This might be the worst offensive line I have ever seen in my 40+ years of following NU football. It’s just so bad. 

That's why I think Mickey is one of the best options we have. We need to recruit our way out this. I don't think it's coaching at this point. They seem to be playing with effort but just aren't good.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

That's why I think Mickey is one of the best options we have. We need to recruit our way out this. I don't think it's coaching at this point. They seem to be playing with effort but just aren't good.

I do think Mickey will bring strong recruiting, but I worry that keeping Mickey as the head coach won’t put the fire under the current players to change the way they play. I think a new coach and staff is needed to change the whole philosophy and expectations of the current players, along with upgrading the overall talent. 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I do think Mickey will bring strong recruiting, but I worry that keeping Mickey as the head coach won’t put the fire under the current players to change the way they play. I think a new coach and staff is needed to change the whole philosophy and expectations of the current players, along with upgrading the overall talent. 

Not sure what you guys are talking about this line is awesome! I’m not sure how the big is going to be able

to play defense against us

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

PFF grades from the 5 that got the most snaps vs Rutgers

Corcoran 27.2

Piper 49.6
Hixson 54.9

Bando 47.3
Anthony 47.8

For reference:

90-100 Elite

85-89 All-Conference

70-84 Starter

60-69 Backup

0-59 Replaceable

and if you dont really have anyone to replace them with?

12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What do you think Mickey Joseph expectations are for his current players??? He already has put a fire under the current team bc of the way he runs things. He is all about accountability. You don't think that he could upgrade the overall talent. For me, the team wouldn't be 3-3 right now if HE didn't upgrade the roster with the guys he got to come here and if he didn't change certain things that SF did. He has my credit bc he deserves the credit.

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Corcoran 27.2

Piper 49.6
Hixson 54.9

Bando 47.3
Anthony 47.8

For reference:

90-100 Elite

85-89 All-Conference

70-84 Starter

60-69 Backup

0-59 Replaceable

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

CT was pressured on 26 of his 38 dropbacks.  Rutgers brought more than 4 on 11 snaps.

But hey, Raiola is a great OL coach....Our S&C is top notch.  What a complete joke.  MJ needs to post those grades on the Jumbotron the next home game.  Maybe publicly humiliating them will get them to play better.  Because nothing esle seems to be working.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Corcoran 27.2

Piper 49.6
Hixson 54.9

Bando 47.3
Anthony 47.8

For reference:

90-100 Elite

85-89 All-Conference

70-84 Starter

60-69 Backup

0-59 Replaceable

Considering our best two OL are out for the year, it's not a surprise it's not great.  I am surprised though by how bad it is.  

Might be worth trying Chancellor Brewington at fullback to help out the offensive line so Grant has someone blocking for him.

Brewington's strength is blocking and he can run short routes good enough to help in the pass game as well.

Another package might make it tougher on opposing defenses.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

Might be worth trying Chancellor Brewington at fullback to help out the offensive line so Grant has someone blocking for him.

Brewington's strength is blocking and he can run short routes good enough to help in the pass game as well.

Another package might make it tougher on opposing defenses.

2 back set would help out tremendously for sure.

• Plus1 2