Who should our next HC be?

39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Rhule often argues with his receiver coach about positional preference. Some coaches prefer change of direction and fluidity at receiver; Rhule is straight speed. “We never sit there on defense and go: “’Oh no, how are we going to cover this guy? He’s got such good change of direction.’ We say, ‘This guy scares us because he might run past us.’”

Love this quote from Rhule. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Definitely not taking it personally and I don’t have a problem with the “I don’t see it happening for various reasons” takes. Hell, I don’t really see it happening. It’s the “not happening so stop discussing them” takes that are ridiculous.

Stating opinion as if it is fact is pretty rampant on this board. It’s just a crutch to make people feel like they have more credibility, when they don’t know any more than the rest of us.

Fair enough. Just seems you're insisting that there are only two coaches who could reliably bring in Top 15 recruiting classes to Nebraska every year, and you're doubting any other coach could achieve such a feat. 

6 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Rhule often argues with his receiver coach about positional preference. Some coaches prefer change of direction and fluidity at receiver; Rhule is straight speed. “We never sit there on defense and go: “’Oh no, how are we going to cover this guy? He’s got such good change of direction.’ We say, ‘This guy scares us because he might run past us.’”

Love this quote from Rhule. 

Look at the top teams - they have speed all over the place - offense and defense  

10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If we had a competent DC we would be 5-1 with this schedule regardless if Frost was HC or not....

Mickey is a no BS coach that is a good recruiter. I think he can work with good coordinators. 

As much as i like Ruhle, this is why i like mickey.  As long as he can put people with him to make him successful he will be very successful here. 

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If we had a competent DC we would be 5-1 with this schedule regardless if Frost was HC or not....

Mickey is a no BS coach that is a good recruiter. I think he can work with good coordinators. 

Knowing what we know now, we should be 6-0 with a competent DC. However the more glaring problem has seemed to be a consistent offense and a serviceable OL.