Who should our next HC be?

Just now, krc1995 said:

-because we are not a try out school

-because no worthwhile recruit would come to an unstable coaching staff. 

- is it you that posted this same thing last week?  There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea and Mickey’s agent will be the first to give you a complete list. 

So much this. If Mickey isn’t good enough in Trev’s mind to get the full-time job after this 9-game audition, and Trev doesn’t have a good option to hire for the full-time head coaching job, then Trev is a much worse AD than I ever thought he would be. 

• Plus1 2

I’m guessing that Trev has it down to at least his top 3 by now. And I wouldn’t be shocked if he actually already has his guy. 

Trev seems very calculated and thorough. Plus you know damn well he had a lot of the ball rolling already last year.

Last thing, you don’t hire a search firm to hire the interim. Mickey has done what we needed him to do in the short term. He’s righted the ship and kept the team together in uncertain times, but that’s it with him. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

I’m guessing that Trev has it down to at least his top 3 by now. And I wouldn’t be shocked if he actually already has his guy. 

Trev seems very calculated and thorough. Plus you know damn well he had a lot of the ball rolling already last year.

Last thing, you don’t hire a search firm to hire the interim. Mickey has done what we needed him to do in the short term. He’s righted the ship and kept the team together in uncertain times, but that’s it with him. 

I agree with most of this, but I think too much is made out of “hiring a search firm” and the money being spent on that. That $ is a drop in the bucket for the Athletic Department and is just the cost of doing business and making coaching changes. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

I still like Dave Aranda.

I think Joseph has some of the coaching intangibles that Aranda also brings to the table. If Joseph can finish the season strong AND provide a good plan for how he would build a staff for next season, I would give Joseph the nod over Aranda (assuming Aranda would even come).

I still like the idea of a more experienced head coach that has won conference or division titles like Deboer.  He might not be attainable either.

2 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

I think it would be a good hire since Mickey and Busch have a great working relationship with Aranda and Aranda brings a top notch OC with him that goes by the moniker “RVO” reliable violent offense. Jeff Grimes is a proven offensive line developer and runs a desired offense. I think meshing with Mickey here would be a solid hire 

Jeff Grimes is a solid coach. He’s worked with several experienced coaches. I like his style and he’s the consummate professional.

It’s a real possibility that he’ll be coaching his own team very soon if that’s something he’s interested in doing. 

33 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

-because we are not a try out school

-because no worthwhile recruit would come to an unstable coaching staff. 

- is it you that posted this same thing last week?  There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea and Mickey’s agent will be the first to give you a complete list. 

What are you the huskerboard police? No, I have never posted that before. 

14 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

No, they aren’t. Kansas will always be a bball school. Mangino was successful for a couple years too, did it change the focus? They won’t invest in football. N

That's like saying Nebraska will always be a football school or a volleyball school. We as fans tend to think alike on your mentality but School Athletic Directors don't have that mentality. They have to care about all sports other wise that's their job. In today's society if you don't win you will get left behind.

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's like saying Nebraska will always be a football school or a volleyball school. We as fans tend to think alike on your mentality but School Athletic Directors don't have that mentality. They have to care about all sports other wise that's their job. In today's society if you don't win you will get left behind.

KU announced last week a $300 million facility upgrades to their football stadium and training complex. That’s investing in the sport. 

• Plus1 4

23 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not doubting his coaching ability; I'm doubting his recruiting ability. Despite his success at KU this year, they're still #78 in recruiting. Not exactly knocking it off the park on the recruiting trail, eh? But I guess with our "superior resources" he'd be able to do it here? :lol:

If we're looking at recruiting without context, then eliminate Urban Meyer and Chris Petersen - they can't even get their current recruiting class ranked. Or last year either!

:ahhhhhhhh

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

KU announced last week a $300 million facility upgrades to their football stadium and training complex. That’s investing in the sport. 

I wasn't the one that said Kansas will always be a basketball school. I said that as fans that is the believe that they will always be does it make it right no. I don't think that so please shift your point to the guy that wrote that statement about Kansas in the first place.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I wasn't the one that said Kansas will always be a basketball school. I said that as fans that is the believe that they will always be does it make it right no. I don't think that so please shift your point to the guy that wrote that statement about Kansas in the first place.

Just because I quoted you, doesn’t mean I’m trying to argue you. I was agreeing with you and adding to your point, so everyone can see. Frankly, the original post was too long ago for me to search thru the pages to quote, so I quoted you.