Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Please none of the Campbell's or Leipold anymore or any coach similar to them. That talk needs to be dead. We need a game changer someone that will be excited to root for. I have faith in TA.

Campbell would be a decent hire, and his struggles this year might actually allow us to get him at an affordable price. he's recruiting top 30 talent to iowa st, so i'd imagine he could get top 20 classes here. especially if mickey stays.

• Fire 3

19 minutes ago, Osbourneite said:

I still don't get the support HCMJ has among the fanbase for the permanent job other than being our ex-QB. I really don't. 

Per my initial post I don’t prefer MJ as head coach either but it is an option we have to think about if we can’t get a top coach. If this happens I don’t think MJ could command a high salary so use money to pay to bring in top assistants. This has to be a strong staff top to bottom.

3 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

Campbell would be a decent hire, and his struggles this year might actually allow us to get him at an affordable price. he's recruiting top 30 talent to iowa st, so i'd imagine he could get top 20 classes here. especially if mickey stays.

I think if we bring another coach with a losing record to this program it doesn't give fans much hope that things will get better. The bleeding needs to stop.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

My preference is to get a new HC and keep MJ.  But if this doesn’t work and we make MJ the head coach, I would bring in Paul Chryst as OC/AHC.  The guy knows our division and has won it.  He knows the importance of an OL to win the west.  Not sure there is anyone out there better to help MJ in this role if Trev sees MJ as the leader of the future of Husker football.

I have not heard that Chryst has been mentioned for any other vacancies. Not sure if he has aspirations to be a head coach again. This could be a great fit if he wants to stay in B1G west.

Yeah the guy didn't even bother recruiting the last year. That would be a disaster