Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Erick is married to Deion’s ex-wife.

No way, I never knew that.  I figured they were friends from being athletes in the Dallas area in the 90s (along with sharing multi-sport success), and then carrying on that friendship for a while, as Strickland has done work for the Mavericks and stayed in the Dallas area for most of the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not to threadjack, but Strickland was the best high school athlete I have ever seen in person.  His school played my high school in the basketball district finals in 1992, for the right to go to the Class A State Tournament.  He just took over the game, I think he scored 40+ points and was just dominant as Bellevue West won.  Throw in the fact he could have played college football and played minor league baseball was crazy.  I think he ended up choosing his best sport, as he has a long NBA career.

No worries, yes he was a phenomenal athlete.  We ran into each other a few times (during his first year with Mavs, me with the Indians).  Great dude, fun times.  Ran into Pike around LA several times.  I forget about those nights because we all were making our way through stuff, but had much love for Huskers.  Man, it's been a minute.  

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Lets see how Chadwell does without his QB.  His system reminds of Frostys and we now know that does not work in the Big 10.  No versions of it will work.  Power football is the key to winning the West or what ever pod or quadrant we play in.  Offense is the least of my concerns going forward actually.  We need to become an elite Big 10 defense.  We need to play a style on offense that we can recruit too.  If we can not get speedy receivers, then throw out the Frosty like schemes. 

Leipold is a good choice for me, but I don't know what his intentions are right now as well.  With the playoffs in college ball changing to 12 team format, this lets the other conferences at least have a chance to have a special season and lock up a spot.  ACC, Pac 12, Big 12, and Notre Dame will have at least a chance to send teams into this playoff.  Right now with SEC dominance, and Ohio ST/Michigan winner, its really cut and dried who gets in.  Lincoln Riley thought he was going to Pac 12 to have that, but they decided they wanted to butt head with Ohio ST and Michigan.  All I am saying is, coaches who coach in P-5 level jobs that are having some success might not want to join a conference where the odds are stacked for contending for a title on most years.  Big 10 is going that direction.  Ohio St and MIchigan are in control, adding USC and UCLA will make those two better along with themselves.  Where does this leave schools like Penn St, Wisky and Nebraska?

I am a Chadwell fan so I am biased.  His system would work in the B1G.  Chadwell's system is nothing like Frost's.  He has improved upon and really made an "option" offense his own.  Runs a lot of 20/21 personnel.  We don't have a ton of depth at TE so 21 would work.  We have a stable of RB's that with an average OL could do some damage.  I do think he'd need a great DC that knows the B1G.  I like this comment from him:  He knows how to build and develop what he has, not what he wants.  Not getting the best "insert position" here sounds a lot like NU....I think that with his scheme he could bang in the trenches.  He's doing great at CC.  I can imagine NU would recruit better than CC and he can develop the guys he gets.  

Do I think it will be Chadwell?  No.  I think Trev wants a P5 coach who wins.  Which goes into your other comment.  Hard to get a guy who is winning at P5 to go to a rebuild and current bottom feeder in NU.  I think it will be hard, but you never know.

“The reason why we like to run the offense that we do, you don’t have to have the best linemen in the country to win games,” Chadwell said. “You don’t have to have the best receivers in the country to win games. Every job that I have had has been a rebuild. We’ve had to develop and recruit talent that fits your system.

2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I just love hearing “doesn’t have head coaching experience” when referring to MJ. We have had those retreads lead this program and how did that work out? Maybe MJ could be a head coach in the NFL. Irsay seems to think someone could lead the team with zero head coaching experience. Smh. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I just love hearing “doesn’t have head coaching experience” when referring to MJ. We have had those retreads lead this program and how did that work out? Maybe MJ could be a head coach in the NFL. Irsay seems to think someone could lead the team with zero head coaching experience. Smh. 

You mean like the coaches with no head coaching experience like:

Devaney

callahan

Riley

Frost

Who all had head coaching experience before Nebraska?

Or, do you mean the ones that didn’t?

Osborne

Solich

Pelini

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You mean like the coaches with no head coaching experience like:

Devaney

callahan

Riley

Frost

Who all had head coaching experience before Nebraska?

Or, do you mean the ones that didn’t?

Osborne

Solich

Pelini

I think everyone would much rather have the guys in the bottom....