Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Loebarth said:

@admo - I think if Trev is going the route of low ball offer until proven success then he's going to hire Mickey at 6-7 million with additional incentives of 2-3 mil if he achieves certain goals.. That said, I doubt Trev goes the low ball route. He'll spend the $.$$ to get the coach he wants. This hire is huge. Low balling an offer would be way too counter productive.

Understandable.  But I do not think this hire is huge.  This hire is a bandaid with ankle tape.  The following hire tho... 

Not saying this should be a sticky since day 1 of the coaching search thread, but it is some truth serum.

Yall, Nebraska is not very good.

We don't have a B1G defense.  

Can't stop the run game.

Can't stop the short passing routes.

Who's your quarterback next year ?  Chubba ?  Logan ?

What does your offensive line look like next year ?

What does your defensive line look like next year ?

Why would any good or great coach give up their current success for an opportunity for all of that?

Unless his name is PJ Fleck, I just can't see the positives that draws me into the job. Maybe Monken.  Or Bill O'Brien.  And that is it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If this plays out…then BOOM…Deion!  Seriously what would we have to lose?  Deion would see it as a challenge to do better than all these guys.  Not saying he is going to win right away but if we want to change course he certainly would get that direction started. We are like a Lamborghini broken down in a ditch. Someone is going to fix us up and have the best wheels around, haha. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

If we are cooling on Ruhle- then the age of Urban can begin in two weeks (rumor picking up steam again again again).  I, for one, welcome our new Coach overlord 

At this point offer him $10 million a year and sell your soul to the devil otherwise this coaching search is F'd! :facepalm:

Or we go after Deion aggressively! 

• Oh Yeah! 2