Who should our next HC be?

11 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Klieman turned Easton Stick (a local 2-star from Creighton Prep) into a 5th round pick, 8th QB selected. Not to mention what he did with Wentz (unranked) and Lance (really low 3-star).

True but I would say even through he has put those qbs in the nfl Dabo has had more success with his qbs. Trevor Lawrence is actually starting and Watson is a stud for Cleveland now. Stick hasn't done much nor has Lance and you know about Wentz. So promising yet so mistake prone.

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but I would say even through he has put those qbs in the nfl Dabo has had more success with his qbs. Trevor Lawrence is actually starting and Watson is a stud for Cleveland now. Stick hasn't done much nor has Lance and you know about Wentz. So promising yet so mistake prone.

Wow, Dabo did more with a 5 star qb, top ranked in his class and a 4 star QB, both from clemsons backyard in Georgia; compared to a smaller school in North Dakota? Go figure 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone noticed if the job posting has ever actually been posted?  Doesn't it need to be posted a minimum of 7 days or something before they can announce they hired anyone?

Or am I thinking of other jobs at the university and football head coach is exempt from that law.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am curious where "everyone wants the program to be".  I think people want NU to go from 3-4-5 wins which they have been at for most of the past 8 years to go right to 9-10-11 wins in no time.  To me, that's unrealistic expectations.  The program will need to get back to winning 7-8-9 wins, before fans should start expecting more.

I'd like to just start with not being flipping terrible.  We can go from there. Maybe a 4th place division finish and a bowl.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

After yesterday's game, I now am convinced that Mickey is not HC material.  First off, with 35 seconds left, you tell your returners to fair catch.  7 seconds lost right there............There was more things that convinced me that Mickey wasn't and isn't the best fit for this job or many at this point.  Run the ball when your up 14-3.  Don't care how or who, but find ways to run the ball somehow.  Mickey can tell Whipple what he wants and how it should be done. 

Now, I still think that this was not a fair audition for Mickey.  Our talent and roster is really below average...........we might have some skill players, but we have no trench players and really our linebackers on D are sub par.  Nevertheless, I think Mickey had to win 2 more games coming down the stretch, and did not get it done against Minny and now Wisky.  I do like Klieman.  I think he is a program builder.  He also took over a K-State program that was in way better shape than what we are currently in.  Snyder left him some pieces and left things on solid footing.  We are miles from being solid.  I would give Klieman a shot.

• Plus1 1

The program should be able to win 7-9 game per year.  Thats not unrealistic.  Bowl eligible every year.  on occasion win 10-11, like every 4 years.  Playing in a conference title game every 3-4 years would be nice. 

This hire is crucial.  With Ferentz having a few years left, Wisky now having a coaching change, Minny is going to be Minny with Fleck, the rest don't concern me.  Its time now to make that move into the upper quadrant of the Big 10.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Danimal said:

I'd prefer Calhoun because he was a NFL OC when he took over Air Force, he's proven he can run a more balanced offense at a high level. 

Fair point, but I want a proven program builder. Calhoun took over for the legendary Fisher Deberry, whom he played for and had his first coaching jobs under. The AF program took a bit of a dip at the end of DeBerry’s tenure, but the foundation was already there and it was really a lot to do with DeBerry’s energy to continue to grind like you have to at an academy, not a broken foundation.

Monken has proven he can build a program at different levels of CFB. He guided Georgia Southern to the FBS level as HC after taking them to the FCS playoffs semifinals 3 years in a row. He did a total rebuild of Army from the ground up of every aspect of the program, recruiting, S&C, culture, etc., under the most restrictive conditions of any program period. That is why I would prefer Monken if you are choosing between the two.

• Thanks 4