*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

5 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I do agree that MJ is doing a pretty good job and should be considered and even the front runner right now.  I think he could bring in his brother Vance as co D-C and keep Busch as co.  I don't like Whipple.  I don't know if I really think that CAsey is the anwer next season either.  I would prefer a dual threat QB. 

We are lacking athletes from A-Z.  We have some pieces, but not enough.  This is not on Mickey.  I would love to see Mickey have some more pieces and then see what this team could be.  We have not recruited enough defenders of quality.  Our linebackers are not really D-1 linebackers like other schools have. 

Our O and D lines are not Big 10 quality either.  When you add all this up, were lucky to even be where we are right now.  I don't think Minny, Wisky, and Iowa are very good.  I still think we have a chance to win 3 more and get bowl bound. 

I agree with much of this. MJ is making the team believe and they look more competitive.  I do think Whipple and Thompson are a big issue. For every good deep ball Thompson throws, he struggles with the mid range balls which are needed to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. Thompson also tends to be a statue in the pocket. And Whipplr simply has bad judgment in the worst moments.

Busch has done wonders on special teams but still needs to take more strides on defense.

1 minute ago, River-runner said:

Seems like we don't develop players internally, we just work with the transfers.  We'll never see the three deep O-lines of Coach Tom's days.  I miss that kind of football environment.

The portal is like 2 years old so the “always” narrative is bit dramatic 

• Thanks 2

Purdue is a lot better than Indiana and Rutgers.  Purdue might be Big 10 West champs, and I know that doesn't mean a lot this season, but still they are better than what we have been playing.

Truly, that Georgia Southern and Northwestern games are going to limit what this team does this season.  If those two games would have been different this team would be different right now, but we would still have Frost.  I will take what Mickey is doing. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, River-runner said:

Seems like we don't develop players internally, we just work with the transfers.  We'll never see the three deep O-lines of Coach Tom's days.  I miss that kind of football environment.

Trev had a press conference where he said NU needs to get back to being a great development program. It’s been that way for a decade. 

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

What's the opposite of rose colored glasses?? This looked like every game I've watched Nebraska play in the big 10 across the Frost tenure. Somehow now Frost got blown out in every game, but also set the world record for one score losses. Sorry, I don't live in a world of make belief. If Frost was here 99% chance we lose this game by 1 score.

Disagree. This Purdue team was picked by most at the beginning of the season to win the (inglorious B10 West). They have some good players and a very solid coach.

Frost would have been outclassed in every facet of the game tonight.

Do we get as many TDs? Probably not.

Do we get as many stops and INTs on defense? Probably not.

Do we have a BLOCKED PUNT and make our field goals with as many XPs? f#&% no.

We are improving in every facet of the game, but our staff is hand tied by the f#&%tards coaching these kids for the last 5 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, River-runner said:

Cuz they'll all transfer for starting jobs. There will never be a team again as strong top to bottom as those teams because of eligibility and transfer rule changes. The game is mire competitive as a result across all college football, but the quality of football will never be as good because of it.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I have a question that is a real one:  Why does Purdue have walk ons that can produce like that?  I also have the anwer:  We use to have those players once upon a time in the 90's!  This game showed us once again what it means to have a quality walk on program once again.   

Sorry but Nebraska doesn’t suck because we don’t have enough Walk ons. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 308_Husker said:

Disagree. This Purdue team was picked by most at the beginning of the season to win the (inglorious B10 West). They have some good players and a very solid coach.

Frost would have been outclassed in every facet of the game tonight.

Do we get as many TDs? Probably not.

Do we get as many stops and INTs on defense? Probably not.

Do we have a BLOCKED PUNT and make our field goals with as many XPs? f#&% no.

We are improving in every facet of the game, but our staff is hand tied by the f#&%tards coaching these kids for the last 5 years.

And your point is???? Oklahoma and Ohio State were both playoff teams and Frost played them within one score, but somehow a preseason BIG West Champ means more? 

Who knows he might've took over play calling at halftime and called this his marquee win since it was against the anointed preseason BIG west Champs. Haha. 

1 minute ago, Scofrosghost said:

Wow Brohm in the presser “ this win was disappointing” I genuinely hope you lose every game the remainder of the season.#scofrocurse

Inflated sense of self. No doubt Purdue earned the win. But clearly a team with flaws. Would have been very interesting to see how they would have done had we had Heinrich & Reimer for the whole game. I strongly doubt they would have been able to call 100+ plays offensively

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

And your point is???? Oklahoma and Ohio State were both playoff teams and Frost played them within one score, but somehow a preseason BIG West Champ means more? 

Who knows he might've took over play calling at halftime and called this his marquee win since it was against the anointed preseason BIG west Champs. Haha. 

Did we play within one score of Oklahoma this year? 

The facade had worn off and Frosts systemic s#!t storm had come to surface. Oklahoma is not good this year and we got raked over the coals by them.