Music City Bowl vs Tennessee

Saunders

Well, at least we don't have to see Banker's defense get its ass handed to it by USC (as was the fear for a while). I am surprised the Rose Bowl invited SC since they didn't even win their half of the conference. It seems that they should have taken Colorado. Once again, the mixed messages about the importance of making a conference championship game just continue to stack up.

USC beat Colorado and are the only team to beat Washington this season, in Seattle. Who Colorado just lost to 41-10. USC is the better team, they belong in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah, but Nebraska beat Oregon, Oregon beat Utah, and Utah beat USC. So Nebraska is better than Washington AND USC AND Colorado.

It's science.

• Fire 5

Well, at least we don't have to see Banker's defense get its ass handed to it by USC (as was the fear for a while). I am surprised the Rose Bowl invited SC since they didn't even win their half of the conference. It seems that they should have taken Colorado. Once again, the mixed messages about the importance of making a conference championship game just continue to stack up.

USC beat Colorado and are the only team to beat Washington this season, in Seattle. Who Colorado just lost to 41-10. USC is the better team, they belong in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah, but Nebraska beat Oregon, Oregon beat Utah, and Utah beat USC. So Nebraska is better than Washington AND USC AND Colorado.

It's science.

I'll take it one step further. Rutgers beat New Mexico. New Mexico beat South Dakota. South Dakota beat Illinois St. Illinois St beat Northwestern. Northwestern beat Iowa. Iowa beat Michigan. Michigan beat Penn St.

Therefore, Rutgers belongs in the Rose Bowl.

• Fire 3

Conference championship game losers get passed in bowl pecking order all the time. It's happened to us tons of times, as well as countless others. It's actually pretty much always been common.

This is nothing but a money grab. USC will sell out the rose bowl. Colorado not so much.

Conference championship game losers get passed in bowl pecking order all the time. It's happened to us tons of times, as well as countless others. It's actually pretty much always been common.

This is nothing but a money grab. USC will sell out the rose bowl. Colorado not so much.

That, or because USC deserved it more.

you know, it sucks having to play teams in bowl games with home field advantage all of the time. But I was also thinking, wouldn't it be kind of lame for the players? Husker players always get to go somewhere away from Lincoln and usually somewhere warm, and they usually get to do at least a little bit of sight seeing. But if you are a Vol player, is this exciting at all?

Even after navy lost to Temple, they are still ranked ahead of us and we are not ranked by the college playoff rankings. I have a bad feeling about this match up since it is essentially a home game for Tennessee and it is on ESPN. We usually suck with those odds.

I am afraid that the Iowa game sucked the belief out of me. I love my huskers and I will always bleed husker red but these coaches do not seem to be able to prepare our players well for the big games. Let us hope we kick Tennessee's butt because it will be horrible if we ended the season with so many bad losses. It kills recruiting and kills any momentum.

• Fire 1

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Nebraska vs. No. 21 Tennessee

(3:30 p.m., ESPN, Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee)

Both teams faded down the stretch, and it's difficult to trust a Tennessee team that so rarely plays to its talent level. But the Vols will be playing a virtual home game and Nebraska looked dreadful its last time out against Iowa. Tennessee ends a disappointing season on a feel-good note, but it's fleeting as Butch Jones will be on the hot seat in 2017.

Tennessee 36, Nebraska 28.

ESPN