Who should we hire

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not saying I want Jerry Kill, but he sure seems to have a fondness for Nebraska.

Actually, it would be good to have someone like Kill as an AD or a consultant on staff. This way he gets to help with football and his medical issues aren't as big of a liability. 

I mean, do we really think Eichorst or Riley has a fondness for DoNU like Kill does? Someone that loves this place is going to give it everything they've got...and what Kill has done elsewhere is turn around moribund programs time and again. 

Gundy is one of the most underrated coaches in college football. He has been recruiting top 30-35 classes and his teams finish there or better (sometimes much better). And he's done that for basically 10 years. Something to be said for that.

I feel he'd do the same thing here but hopefully with an even higher ceiling with our recruiting potential.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Corn_Ninja said:

You ppl talk about wanting to win National Championships but you don't have the balls to take a chance and really go for it! Briles was THE best coach in college football. He was a year or two away from going to the CFP with BAYLOR!!! If Lily white was the standard even St. Tom would have some stains. Baylor's admin scapegoated Briles, and a lot of the problems were from the administration and not from the coaches.

Also, ESPiN has really gone after Briles with a bunch of false narratives. Only two football players were ever convicted of sexual assault. One was a transfer who never played, and he appealed the conviction and won.

While I can't speak for all fans, I do not want to win this bad.  If it comes to this, I'll revoke my own fan card.

12 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Gundy is one of the most underrated coaches in college football. He has been recruiting top 30-35 classes and his teams finish there or better (sometimes much better). And he's done that for basically 10 years. Something to be said for that.

I feel he'd do the same thing here but hopefully with an even higher ceiling with our recruiting potential.

How and why is our recruiting potential higher than Okie State? 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-time-for-dan-mullen-to-strike-while-the-iron-is-hot-and-plan-his-exit/

"Nebraska remains desperate for relevancy."

National Media references a coaching change - Dan Mullen.

Gonna see a lot more of these articles if the season continues to spiral. 

He'd be an upgrade for us for sure.  Admin should act swiftly and make an offer that can't be refused. 

35 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Actually, it would be good to have someone like Kill as an AD or a consultant on staff. This way he gets to help with football and his medical issues aren't as big of a liability. 

I mean, do we really think Eichorst or Riley has a fondness for DoNU like Kill does? Someone that loves this place is going to give it everything they've got...and what Kill has done elsewhere is turn around moribund programs time and again. 

Excellent point.  I did like what he did at Minny (not beating us mind you but how he built that program).  He may be a good mentor for .... Scott Frost.:o

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

@El Diaco I agree with you on all of that. There was a comment made about Pelini's relationship with ADSE. I think it's pretty obvious why that relationship was bad. Thus, Pelini was basically correct in his assessment. But Eichorst was just doing what he was hired to do. Just a year after he was supposed to do it.

The bolded makes me sad.  In my version of reality, firing Pelini after the "hat swing" would have gotten us Chris Petersen.

• Plus1 1

Scott Frost and Dan Mullen. Mullen you would have to dig deep into the pocket books since he will be making $4.5M this year and goes up each year till contract ends in 2021. I've already stated my stance on Frost even after Bo was fired. Lincoln Riley just got his first gig as Oklahoma HC after no experience of being a HC...and they're in way better shape than we are. Chris Petersen would have worked out great, and sucks we missed out, but that time has passed us.