What did we learn Michigan Game

47 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

This game was a painful reminder of how far away we are right now talent-wise.  Our defense is supposed to be our strong suit right now, and Michigan played like they weren't even on the field for most of the game.  

This is something something a lot of fans just need to accept.  Unfortunately nebraska stinks and teams like michigan are way ahead in terms of talent and player development. 

• TBH 1

20 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

One positive is that we don't face another playoff contender this season. Though we didn't really do anything to suggest we are even a .500 club, most of the schedule the rest of the way looks fairly mediocre. So long as the team doesn't quit on each other, we should have a decent chance to win each game left on the docket. A win this Friday could do wonders for how the rest of the season goes.

-- Edit: By decent chance, I mean that no game is clearly a Loss already. 

Also learned that Prochaska needs a lot of improvement and that Corcoran may in fact be the best LT we have available. That Walter Rouse change of heart has turned out to be a much bigger deal than I expected. 

Getting Luke and Cameron back on D will help moving forward.  Experience and pass rush.  Any word on Singleton?

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

-I learned that Michigan is a pretty complete team. They could win it all I feel. Their lines are dominant and should handle most teams in the country.

-Didnt learn this but Raiola still shouldn't be OL coach. 

-The injuries are really taking a toll on defense. Need to get people healthy asap. 

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Idk

Theres where I am at.  I really don't see the guys we currently have improving too much.  Most have been playing at NU for several years and haven't improved much.  Granted it's been about 9 months under Rhule, but we still struggle in the same areas.  Next year "potential" for better talent, but they are true fresh, will need to learn system, get stronger etc....The D for the past two games has looked flat and worn out.  None of the intensity and edge they showed in the first 3 games.  I agree with Rhule and his comments about knowing what team we have on Friday against Illinois.  Rhule sounded surprised at lack of fire from the team in the presser.  

We are miles from being a winning football team and program.  Frost left the cupboard bare and so far Rhule has not brought in elite talent.  I understand building a program brick by brick and agree thats how its done, but talent evaluation had to show we were not on par with other programs.   Did he watch game film from last season?  Can he evaluate talent?  Can everyone admit that the Big 10 west is the worst division in college football?  My biggest question is talent evaluation........where is that at ?  Prime took one look at what he was getting and said No Thanks, I take 70 other players and see what that gets me.........not saying I like that approach, but we bring in SImms?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1. We can confirm that Frost left this program in its worst position since the 1950s.

2. Satterfield is not deserving of the highest paid NU assistant in history.

3. Donovan Raiola was only retained in hope of landing his nephew. There has been no major O line progress since he took over.

4. JJ McCarthy may be the best BIG QB in the past decade. He is VERY impressive.

5. We would be bringing up the rear with Iowa State in the Big 8.

• Plus1 2