What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

I didn’t learn much. It’s hard to watch when every play is full of penalties that they may or may not call. The offense was as bad as ever and every bounce went their way today. We needed something from special teams and defense today but didn’t get it. The running game still blows chunks. I think the Big Ten cheats regularly and never liked being in it. I don’t think that will ever change.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Meh, I don't know about better wins, but they also got smoked by Purdue, blew it against Wisconsin, and were terrible against Nebraska.

@Maryland and @Minny are far better than Purdue at home

NU has no shot at Wisky, will get out special teamed against Iowa, secondary gets exposed against lil Tua

5 wins was the ceiling, especially when the offense got injured and show their true colors against a competent DC.  Defense has played above their talent, but being on the field so much and seeing better offensive personnel giving up points was bound to increase

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Final take for the day.   Comes down to who has better Jimmy and Joes, and we are still lacking talent in key areas.  We can complain about coaching ( offensive side), but we just don't have enough yet to get things righted.  Rhule has done a miracle in some aspects just to get us 5 wins so far.  The telltale sign is coming this offseason.  If we get better talent quickly thru the portal.  Mostly QB and some O-linemen.  After seeing Colorado go down hill with all those transfers, I don't think that is the route either.  Its the proper thing to get SOME players, but can't build a whole roster in one summer.  We have to remember that Rhule is still coaching a lot of Frostys players.  If we does make a bowl game, its a huge accomplishment.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

I learned the staff fully didn't respect hidden yards within the game today(something they ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT DO with this offense) by continuing trotting Kemp out to Santico Panico punts

This is one of the game within the game no one will really see from the results that was a killer.  Absolutely no room for error and we did it multiple times. 

• Thanks 1

Defense didn't play with the intensity as they had been. QB and O-Line are our biggest challenges (Nothing new there, bad combo). Our weak side was exploited.

Haarberg played with less confidence today. I'm sure the pounding he's taken is part of it. Probably got away from the run game a bit too much. Still, players have to make plays. Opportunities were there and they didn't. 

Michigan State was likely underestimated to some extent no matter how our players were warned.  We're a different team at home then away. There seemed to be regression in just about every area of play today. 

• Plus1 1